Attempting to create rolling fog/smoke effect

Hi there, Im trying to make an animation of fog/smoke rolling on loop on the bottom 3rd of the watchface. Ive tried various formula and sequences but cant seem to get the smooth morning fog type feel. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Well that question is more or less impossible to answer without more information . It would help to see the Resources you have available . You could scroll images across the screen . Two sets in different directions would work well . In my experiance you need 3 images 320 px widefor each set . Also you could make a Gif but you need 24 images to make a decent one . Obviously these have to be Semi Transparent .

This watch face shows some smoke upon wake. If that is what you are looking to do…

It is a sequences of a animated gif I modified.

2 Likes

This is it and it has 25 frames and you can import it in a sequence.

smoke4

1 Like

smoke1

2 Likes

Thanks Tom, I was able to make a smoke gif with a transparent background on After Effects but wanted to tweak it and now cant seem to get it to output with a transparent background so I can overlay it onto the face via a sequence. Weird. Any other solutions to make a gif transparent?

1 Like

I was able to make a smoke gif with a transparent background on After Effects and put it into a sequence. It worked really well but wanted to tweak the images and now cant seem to get it to output from After Effects with a transparent background all of a sudden. Weird. Any other solutions to make a gif transparent?
[/quote]

1 Like

Check this site. You can add effects…

2 Likes

You can make a Gif in Facer Creator . The app Tom has Flagged is very good . Most use that . Sadly a drawback of the Sequence Layes is we can not manipulate the Opacity . If you have you 24/25 max images make the Gif on Ezgif or Creator . it should work fine .
Here is an example of scrolling stuff . You can vary the opacity of a scrolling image .

4 Likes

Yes i use ezgif often it just didnt work for what Im looking for here.

2 Likes