Automatic Compass Gadget

Hi There .
People in the community will know I do not often blow my own trumpet .

I am particularly pleased with this .
It is the response to a request form a Facer Follower on the back of a Face I made for Another . No Names No Pack drill . Ha Ha .

I had a compass gadget showing on the right Sub but some watches do not have that sensor . On this face it is dismissed automatically if there is no Sensor.

I use the same code structure to dismiss Battery Power Hands when there is no Data.

Please inspect the work .

6 Likes

perfect , but now since you know my maths level :grin: i need to know why invert rotation (- (#CMP#))

1 Like

Alberto the Inverted Direction is one of life’s Mysteries . The Number #CMP# is the HEADING I think . It is just a wonderful coincidence that hand rotation is also 360 Degrees . I had a big struggle with it in the beginning as my watch has no compass . Luckily enough I have found that it sims on the app on my Phone . It is a bit more complex if you have a live wind direction on the compass as well . I have forgotten how it is done now . Fortunately my work and the Publication are Inspectable . See " Wind Surfer ".
Thanks for your comment . Looks OK on a BOYS watch .

Weirdly enough, I do not have the sensor, just a GPS but, it works on my watch perfectly

:wink:

1 Like

@tom.itssos . Thanks for that . I am so pleased I have never done Real Magic before.
I just wonder how GPS knows which direction your watch is Facing. We have to Drive a bout two miles before our Tom Tom give us a clue which Direction we are going .
Have you checked it out with a real compass . Compass sims with the 24hrs clock on the Simulator.

1 Like

@russellcresser
OK, let me be more specific

If I’m standing still or just go a few feet, it can’t tell the direction unlike a regular compass, even a compass app screws up until you calibrate it.

But while moving, “driving down the road”, or a long walk, it works as designed.

1 Like

I was told a very long time ago that, “If you don’t toot your own horn, nobody else is going to”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Cool tom if you have the NAM-VET Face on your watch there should be No Cardinal points till some data arrives. Ticks like the Left Bezel in the mean time . Sorry to be a pain. And yes the compass on my Other Watch needs a lot of calibrating which looks very Odd if you are out and about outside . Well you can not go into a corner and Do it . That is a very smart bit of data integration between all the Party’s concerned. I have GPS on my watch all the time so I can moan about Battery Drain but no link to the compass . I suppose this bit of magic is exclusive to WearOS3 and GW4 .

1 Like

I am fond of the one you created for me, the colors on the battery bezels for example but the background on the Nam one is most excellent.
I think they’d clash to much though if mixed.

I’ll just have to swap every once in a while. Haha

1 Like

Ohh no I am sorry . I will go back and see I am sure the compass trick is on that one . I am a little confused now, remind me which one you are wearing . I will just update it . There are too many of those already. We could always go Gay Camo . That might be fun . I do not want to take the piss out of Ed .

1 Like

The one I gave you kuddos on

And the compass works, no need to change anything sir

1 Like

Lots going on with that Face @russellcresser . Looks really nice on my original Galaxy Watch, hides the compass as advertised. Blow your trumpet!

2 Likes

@bradtc Thanks so very much for checking that . Some times it is easy to hide stuff . Difficult to make it appear again .

1 Like

Since you are doing so well blowing your wind instruments, do you take requests? I’d like to hear some good Glen Miller Band “Moonlight Serenade”. :laughing:

2 Likes

How a bout a little Sachmo. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like