B# - Pilot Compass 🧭

Pilot Compass

This is the first time I’ve put a compass in a face. Why did I wait so long? Now I think it’s one of the cooler and most fun interactive elements to have on a face :slight_smile: I have been told by some that the compass tag is a battery drain, but I still get a full day when using this face so for me it’s not a problem, I’m going to put my watch on the charger once a day anyway.

10 Likes

Looks great!
Unfortunately my newer ticwatch does not have a compass. I’ll dig out my old one and have a look at it!

4 Likes

As always, a great watch. B# stands for quality :smile:

3 Likes

surprising that Mobvoi would remove that feature from a newer watch. Why go backwards?

2 Likes

thanks! That’s what I’ve always hoped people would equate with the brand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really hope that your quality standard ist the one to measure members to become partner :smile:
Then a partnership will become very difficult.

3 Likes

Love a compass . Mine combines compass and Wind direction . The compass is important to some people . I have had a Compass on my watch for a couple of years . I think it is far from a big drain .The Magnetometers like the Gyros are translating data all the time . GPS is a different matter but I always have that on as well . There is a tiny price to pay for having these things on our wrists . Facer Google and Android have worked very hard to bring down the Power overhead . My watch is now about 3 years old . I bought it second user . Over the last two months The Power drain has Dropped about 1% per Hour . I would expect it to be going the other way on an old Watch .
Interestingly it is one of the things that dims well on the Mobile apps . As a Pro you could offer the user a Tap to Compass or Tourbillon . Unless you are an Android Studios master that would not be possible on the Google Store . Also I have found no drain running a Tourbi on my Watch .

3 Likes

well I appreciate the kind words, but there really is such a range in styles and graphics approaches amongst the partners. I think generally the quality is very high. But I see more and more high quality graphics from the designers outside the partner program too. I think the bar just continues to get raised all around.

6 Likes

If anyone is interested, here a few of my watch faces with compasses (the ones with CMP in the name).
The premium ones, TX-LY01 and TX-LY06, have a full size compass if you tap on it.

Or if you like aviation style instruments, then is one of my own favorits (tap center to change instruments):

3 Likes

@kvansant That is one nice looking watchface. I guess I need to do another one of those one of these days. I wonder if a compass with latitude and longitude would be useful to someone?

3 Likes

Those who love to use a Real Map when they go Trecking will get a great Buzz out of confirming thier Compass Resection is correct .

2 Likes

Surfers need a compass with wind direction on it .

4 Likes

Great work as always my friend, very stylish :+1:

2 Likes

thanks Gizmo! I made another compass face today that I really like :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the Texture you used on the Hands, Hour Numbers, and the Plane, very nice work :+1:

3 Likes