Background Rotation

Oh yes please .

Thank you a million times! This was exactly what I needed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have some new Tags for moon phase these days . But it is wonderful to see how the guys developed the Hard wired Formula .

1 Like

What is the new tag for the dual moon? I am using exactly that same concept where the moon disc has two moons opposite each other. The formula I copied from this thread does work wonderfully though.

1 Like

Yeah all are good old or new . I the one I have there has a tiny jump at Full moon . not a problem . I just thought I would show you stuff while we are on the subject . Did you manage to Inspect the tests so you might extract code you found useful .

1 Like

No, I guess I would need to sign up for the beta.

1 Like

No you should not have to join Beta. Are you finding the Little Rocket on the left after clicking on the Title of the Face .

Interesting: ((((#MOONAGEPERCENT#)/2))*360)

That replaces the whole long code?

Edit: Yes, it does! I just tested it against the built in MOONPHASES object.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You will find it a bit easier if you want to play with The moon on a stick . There is a Tiny 1/4 Day Error which I have asked Little labs about . It depends where they get their data from . I check my stuff against timeanddate.com . But it is only a watch face . We are not navigating Space ships with it .

Here is one I figured out on my own this morning. Anyone guess what this rotation does?

((#DH#*(360/(24-(#WSH#-#WRH#))))/2)

Picture the rotating image as a jing-jang symbol:
jin-jang

1 Like

Code might indicate the angle of the sun in the sky to the nearest hour. Just a guess.

1 Like

I figured you get values between 0 and 180 degrees, so the Jing-jang will only rotate half way. But other that, I cannot interpret anything else out of it… but thinking about it, @russellcresser could be right.

1 Like

If you go for the nearest minute things get a bit more complicated. I am going to have to go and test it. Nice YinYang @juni00.

Ok, it calculates the difference between sunset and sunrise and the disc will rotate according to the result. it is like a localized AM/PM indicator. The disc is hid to the right of this"hole" and displays basically how light is is at the moment you look at it. I had to add the /2 or it would do one rotation too many.

AMPM_indicator

Yeah neat bit of fun .Your image is not quite centered and you have a White eye missing . I will post you a nice YY in a bit .

I’m not using that image, it was just to demonstrate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know .I was just illustrating that I tested your Code .:joy::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I’m going to name this watchface “Extraordinary Complexities” :smiley:

1 Like

Sneak Preview ??

RESOURCES

2 Likes