Bar style day indicator help

Can anyone help me with steps on how to create something like this. I want the current day in color and other days in white. Thanks in advance for any help. Screenshot_20210707-194311_Galaxy Store

1 Like

Hi, it can be made as png image with transparent letters, that has a colorfull shape moving below it (or two blending progress bars below, one growing, other waning with week days).
Or you can insert 7 colorful text fields over white text and let them become 100% opaque each for one day.

3 Likes

I like the second idea. Would you have the expression for that? If not I’ll figure it out. I’m assuming you just put the dow expression on the color you want to show up on that day and make it opaque when not that day.

1 Like

Funny thing I recently wrote about something similar. The description for tag in documentation says:
#DOW# Day of week int (0-6 where 0 is Sunday)
So for opacity field of the Sunday text you would use expression like
$#DOW#==0?100:0$
For Monday like
$#DOW#==1?100:0$
and so on till Saturday
$#DOW#==6?100:0$

3 Likes

I still had this test available from another post:

4 Likes

If I were to do it this way would I use a progress bar with the expression in the rotation for each day?

1 Like

I figured it out. Thanks for all the help

1 Like

You can also do a nested formula to move the color block across the X access to the position you need it. This technique will have you put the formula into the X position instead of having to put it into Opacity.

This will require only 1 item for the block instead of 7, and only 1 formula. This would give you less Elements to have to work with and make the image upload smaller for the watch face.

1 Like