Battery drain issue on samsung galaxy watch 4

I’m new here so sorry if this is a recent already posted topic…

I’m using the facer app on my samsung galaxy watch 4 and i absolutely love it but its eating through my battery noticeably quicker than regular watch faces, even oled friendly faces.

I normally can charger my watch to 100% and wear it for bed, get up the next morning and go through a 8hr work shift and get home with at least 45% battery remaining, but when using any facer watch faces even if i charger my watch to 100% before i leave home in the morning, within id say 6hrs roughly my watch is asking me to go into low power mode :frowning:

Ive tried quite a few different faces and I’m just getting the same low battery results.
If anybody has any tips or knows why this is I would really appreciate the help. I really want to continue using it so badly but just cant just now while this is happening.

1 Like

Are you using faces that are bright or have lots of information that has to be constantly updated? Second, do you use AOD mode? I have two GW4 watches, the “Active” and the Classic. The battery on both will easily last me a 1½ days easy. That is also using Facer watch faces the whole time, but not using AOD. On the GW4 swipe up to see the apps. One of them is a blue circle with a bright dot and a dim dot behind it and to the right. It is the recent used apps. You can click that and clear all the background apps running that you don’t want to use.

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for such a quick response :slightly_smiling_face:
Ive tried a few different faces, some of them in the ‘oled friendly’ section where its near all black and just shows date, time and battery status and it seems to eat through it. Also, yea i do tend to have the AOD setting on But I will try all what you have said and see how i get on because i love having all these amazing watch faces.

3 Likes

It’s my understanding that AOD mode burns through a battery pretty fast. I only use it on my Fossil Carlyle test watch and that is so I can test my watch faces for full function. Plus I never wear it so it just sits blank after the AOD times out. It might be lit up 20 to 30 minutes out of 24 hours. :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @ctaggart84
When I first got a Samsung and wanted to conserve Battery Power, I just searched YouTube and there’s some excellent tips and tricks on there. I also limit the amount of Faces installed on my Watch to a minimum.

1 Like

Well, just a quick update after my days use in work with your suggested tips… better battery life! So thank you for your reply. It was more or less the same battery useage as regular faces. I’m gutted i cant use the AOD feature as there is some really nice watch faces with the AOD face, but for now I’m just happy that i got through the day and still have battery :smile: hopefully we get to use the AOD in the future to really enjoy these little beauties :grin:

2 Likes

Yea I have looked through some youtube videos, theres some good tips out there so hopefully ill be able to implement some and get even more battery juice out my watch :relaxed:

2 Likes

Latidos