Best battery life hack ever? Galaxy Watch 6 & 7 (Ultra)

Best battery life hack ever? Galaxy Watch 6 & 7 (Ultra) by ALLSTARSPACE

3 Likes

Very interesting.

Have you tried it? Does it really make a difference?

I don’t see any immediate change.

With frequent syncing ON:

With frequent syncing OFF:

The same thing.
Have you tested it through the whole day?

2 Likes

@masterboyhr
I have frequent syncing off with my Ultra, but it hasn’t even been 24 hours yet, but it seems like it is working. Since I have the Ultra, a GW6 Classic and a GW5 Pro, I will be testing it out with all three to see if it works. But considering who made the video I would bet it will help. He checks things out and makes sure they work before posting a video about it.

2 Likes

Please do share the results. I’m curious.

I guess if it works for one of your watches it will work for all of them.

2 Likes

Hi @masterboyhr @mrantisocialguy
I saw the post and I was curious to try this setting.
I followed the video, but I couldn’t get the menu to appear. I also reinstalled Samsung Health on my phone (Samsung S20+), but the menu doesn’t appear. I’m probably doing something wrong, but I don’t know what.
It’s not easy to follow the video, so I’d like to ask you a favor.
Could you provide me with a written step-by-step guide on how to get the menu to appear?
Thanks for your help.
I tried with the GW 6 Classic 47 mm

1 Like

Sure.
Open Samsung Health on phone
and then:

1 Like

Hi @masterboyhr
Thank you for your reply. I had already tried what you said, but, just to be on the safe side, I tried again.
No way. That menu item doesn’t appear for me. As the video said, I also reinstalled SH on the phone and tried disconnecting the W6; connect another watch and then reconnect the 6. No way. The menù does’nt appear.
I have Android 13 and One UI 5.1
Maybe I need a more recent Android?
Thanks anyway, have a nice day

1 Like

It might be the fact that you only have One UI 5.1. I have One UI 6.1 on my phone.

2 Likes

Hi @mrantisocialguy
I think that you are right. Thx

1 Like

Yes, that must be the problem. I also have 6.1.

2 Likes

@masterboyhr
It’s been a full three days of use on the Ultra and some of that did not include having the frequent syncing turned off. Which is a little longer than normal, so if nothing else I can say it has not hurt the battery life. I just switched over to my GW 5 Pro at 16:45 2024/09/25 and the phone app showed that the frequent syncing was still off even after swapping watches.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I’ve noticed that battery life very much depends on the watchface.

Watchfaces that I make for myself usualy eat more battery. I like informative watchfaces, the more data the better and I just end adding too much things that drain battery.
Also I fill about 70% of the screen with shiny stuff, progress bars, colors, gifs, complications…
Christmas tree design. :roll_eyes:

Lucky for me, watches 5 pro and ultra can endure my madness.

2 Likes

Yes I got a GW5 Pro to cope with my obsession .

2 Likes

@masterboyhr & the group.
I have been using my 7 Ultra and have charged it a few times and given it a chance to learn my lifestyle. I turned it on to use 23, Oct and just switched to another watch this morning 26, Oct. I used the watch for 56 hours and shut it off with 10% battery left. Considering it has a larger screen than the 5 Pro and it’s a much brighter screen also, I can’t really complain about it getting a little less run time than the Pro does.

Both the Ultra and the Pro blows the doors off the GW 6 Classic as far as run time. It will only get 36 to 42 hours on a charge. I’ve never gotten a full 2 days use with it since I’ve owned it. Which is fine since the GW 6 Classic is the silver version and I only wear it as a dress watch anyway.

1 Like