Big new update coming next week

Bells and Whistles ! ? You will want the Moon on a Stick as well I suppose.

2 Likes

Yep! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Anyone know when this update might arrive and how to go about installing it. Unless it loads itself. Is it necessary to go to the Play Store?

Itā€™s still a misteryā€¦

3 Likes

There was a Facer update in the Play Store yesterday. I installed it on both phone and Pixel Watch. I hoped that today steps would count correctly. Sadly, nothing new. Watch stopped at 979. Fitbit steps are up to 1068.

These are great fun to look at and try out on the watch. I donā€™t imagine they are too battery friendly though. So far, I see no evidence of the step count (or the other stats) working. My watch and phone are fully updated and 3D faces are very entertaining, but I would just love my favorite faces to work. Iā€™m hopeful that since Fitbit resets steps and other stats to zero at midnight, maybe it will work tomorrow.

Iā€™m disappointed. I also thought the ā€œbiggest updateā€ will bring new and fix some basic things.

I was hopping for better ā€œComplicationsā€ solutions, more weather features, more frames for gifsā€¦

Dancing animals mean nothing to me.

4 Likes

Im disappointed too and share the lack of excitement on this community. If this is only for partners as i read somewhere and not released to the general user then i fear that the likes of myself will be considered as poor relations and a lower priority in the future. Hopefully Iā€™m wrong and Facer fixed the basics with this release.

1 Like

If you read this page Introducing Real-Time 3D Watch Faces on Facer towards the bottom it says it will be opened up later to all creators.

6 Likes

Well read @mrantisocialguy .

1 Like

Yourā€™e right it does say that - but how soon is soon? Why not now?

2 Likes

So we all have time to learn, or brush up on Blender. Whatā€™s a polygon? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I guess it can be deducted from the first sentence. They said it, the partners will have the coming weeks to publish hundreds of new faces. Then the rest may come to play. I would not expect it sooner than 2 weeks or month.

2 Likes

In the context of 3D modeling, a polygon is a triangle. If you look at that video of the lion mesh posted earlier above, itā€™s made of all triangles.

2 Likes

Hehe my badā€¦ My sarcastic tone in my question didnā€™t shine through. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not familiar with Blender so I didnā€™t immediately make the connection and see the sarcasmā€¦ but yea yea I see it now that I read it again! Maya and 3DSmax on the other hand are very recognizable, yet theyā€™re also very unaffordable!

2 Likes