Bookmarks - rename

Is there a way to rename bookmarks when you make one? At the moment my bookmarks carry the topic title- I would like to rename them to something more appropriate to the reason I am bookmarking. Eg change from ‘Here’s my first beautiful watchface - isn’t it wonderful!’ To ‘Sunset tag’ because that was what i was interested in?

1 Like

I have never tried that . I do not think it would be possible . If you copied the link and pasted it into Notepad or the equivalent to save them in one place . You could name and date that and order them exactly as you like . And when you have done that please send it to me . I think that is a fantastic Idea , I have so many book marked for many different reasons . Thinking about it , that could be a Wiki . The thing is that each might see the Topic from a different slant . Why don’t you do a few and we can have a look .

In the Edge browser?

1 Like

@Linlay No - here in the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are talking about a bookmark in your web browser to a watchface, normally you can just right click the bookmark and select “Edit” from the popup menu. Then you can change the name how you like and then save it again.

1 Like

@mrantisocialguy I’m talking about bookmarking topics here in this community/forum in the facer app on my mobile and on my PC using facer. io .
I can’t test this idea yet but maybe if cut and paste into a word document and save as html it might open a new tab in my browser. I’ve wandered off topic- my original question still stands
:smiley:

2 Likes

If you are talking about changing the name of the topic, some members have the power to change it.
But in that case all members will see that new name of the topic, it will be changed for all.

1 Like

LOL

And you are one of those 24 members.

So I guess I didn’t understand your question.

1 Like

As I mentioned earlier . The best thing to do is make ones own document with the links copied on to it with notes . When the Topic I book marked there is an option to catogorise it for yourself .

1 Like

With a little Pogging Around I found that you can Re Categorise the Topic you have Bookmarked . You will not change the title of the Topic . Marvin is going to make sure yo don’t change anything in his Memory .

2 Likes

I’m one of 24 - wow! No, that’s not what I meant… in a browser I make a bookmark and call it whatever i want. I want do the same here in the community - bookmark a topic/ post and call it whatever I want. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think it should be possible.
Go to the bookmark you want to rename, choose it, then you end up in the topic and all the way at the bottom, you have “edit bookmark”:

1 Like

As I showed in the Screen shot above . EDIT only allows you to attach a note . It does not Change the Category or the Topic Title .

Thanks - @russellcresser I’ll give that a go. It seems i fell foul of my own requiements - i should read first! :smiley:

@masterboyhr sorry I replied without noticing @russellcresser "s answer. It looks like there is an answer now

2 Likes

Yeah it is what you can do . I still think it best to make ones own archive .