Buy me a coffee?

I have seen this "buy me a coffee’ stuff more and more here. What’s Facer’s policy regarding this? Anyone know?

3 Likes

Hey. I have not read every Word of the Terms and Conditions. but I think it is in there.
I would hate to lose all my work because I abused Facer. Facer gain some of thier Revenue from advertising for Companys not people who want to make a buck.
I dare say a Partner will join in on this one and give us thier opinion.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not gonna risk it either. I thought I read here recently that a designer got booted for doing that, yet I have seen it proudly displayed on some profile pages.

2 Likes

As Facer gets Bigger and its relationship with its partners become more important ( Apple ) they will become more Fussy . In the old Days I think things were a bit more relaxed.

1 Like

Ouch !!! :popcorn: :beer: patiently waiting some Facer lawyer answer :sunglasses:

1 Like

I suggest that you send an official support request using the appropriate form. I’m not a lawyer, but I would think it would be a violation of the solicitation clause in Facer’s TOS. It is on other major help/tech websites.

1 Like

Where is that PR guy (with the official Facer answer book) I was suggesting we need? LOL.
In any case you won’t see me asking for any compensation in any way as I’m pretty sure it’s at minimum frowned upon.

2 Likes

I am starting to see more and more of this on people’s profiles and I can totally understand why. However, I don’t see many people here willing to cough up some money to support a non-Creator Partner designer and if so, I can’t imagine it would be enough worth losing your Facer account over if in fact it is something you can’t do. (Although how would anyone know if it’s allowed or not? I’m still waiting for a reply regarding a support issue with a ticket from over a month ago.) Soooo … Yeah… anyhoo back to making more free faces.

1 Like

Don’t become complacent. I feel that if Facer is notified by multiple members about something they will investigate sooner than if one individual sends a question.

1 Like

Meh. Too late…I am super complacent regarding Facer, but I just happen to like making watch faces. :smiley:

1 Like

In the Terms of Service it is stated that user content (your watch face) is for “non-commercial purposes”. This tells me, that you are not allowed to sell your watch faces through the Little Labs platform. This is valid for non-partners.

3 Likes

@Linlay . We appreciate your input on contentious Topics . It seems what you are saying is if enough Members of this community report the Buy me a Coffee Profiles something will happen . Marvin is extraordinarily good at Picking out bit of English He sees as Infringements . I am certain He can be encouraged to search the Profiles for a few other English words and not rely on the Gifted Amateurs to Police Facers Open Source Platform .
I do wish some of Facers other Partners would join in so we could show them the Stick as well .

1 Like

I’ll go back to my day job and we’ll wait for Marvin to figure it out. Considering that this topic was started in 2022, Marvin certainly is a slow learner.

2 Likes

Yes . Sorry Dear Linlay . I am very lucky to be retired . You get on with the Day job and We will stay here and persuade Newcomers to Ignore all the Fabulous Legacy Topics well anything over , say 6 months . Sadly I did not look up to see the who the author is Author @kirium0212 . The topic is obviously still relevant .

I have people ask me all the time here to make them a custom watch with like there name in it with animation and they will pay me but i always just do it free. If i want to make money off my faces i use my other place where i build watch faces and sale some and have done good there. But even in the other place not facer i still do free ones one someone ask me too… lol Just ask and i will custom make for free, the one I charge for on other site are one of my own creation so do charge for some of those but not all (: If u want to make money off selling watch faces and not a partner here then find another place. there is others out there. I have not done a lot of work in lately cause my other watch place takes a lot of time but i am fixing to get some more done and here again. Anyone ever want a custom made watch face with ur name or something special i will do it for u free all day long… Facer is a great community that I started in and i believe if it was not for facer i would never got into watch face making. It was my first place i came too. Before i started building watch faces in other places. So facer will always have a place in my heart and i will never leave. I got my feet here dirty and guys here taught me a lot and because of them i have made some good money so great thing there. Now On the subject i would like to see a open door policy for like some way for beginners to make money say like making customs name watches like i mention but also understand the company has too make money . So i will not wish for that. I do fine at my other place by all means … (; love u guys sorry so long…

1 Like

Welcome back! I do not see a link in your profile. How do people find your site if they want one of your designs?

2 Likes

If someone once a custom watch done they can dm me with there info and all what they want say like personal name or something in that matter and i will hook them up right for for free. I do get busy sometimes so they might have to wait a little but i will always take care of them. I do not charge here nor will i ever (: Now I am fixing on going on vacation two days for month so i will be gone for sometime. Heading to Walt Disney World haha!! and some other places so will be gone for about a month if i don’t reply to request sorry in advance but will as soon as i get back.

1 Like

Creating designs upon request for free is different from what has been discussed in this topic. The discussion has been regarding members who have requested some type of donation for themselves after using Facer’s resources.

1 Like

@jnorrell17 When people offer to pay me for a watchface I tell them to take whatever amount they would send me and donate it to their local Humane Society to help the homeless dogs and cats. That makes it a win for me, them, and the animals.

5 Likes

Nice idea!

Nice idea

3 Likes