Can animation go with classic faces?

I used some animations to combine with a classic face.
For example the hands to simulate a reflection, a used 2 layers with a more dark and a more sunny hand and let them alternate. Or the word automated. Or the numbers…

Let me know the verdict.

Best greetings
Patrick

3 Likes

I dont know. The reflections look ok, but the movement seems not that natural to me.
Maybe if the alternation and moving elements were related to the wrist turn, it would seem more natural. But those gyro or accelerometer values are not intuitive for me, did not play much with them. I would not be surprised if those did not even work same on different watches.

3 Likes

Yes . I have use accelerometerRawY() a few times . I have never been told that it does not work . Having said that it is no loss . I have used it a lot to Show a Data Back. No feedback on them either . It gives 0 to 10 for 0 to 90 degrees . so if you Multiply it by 9 you get degrees . Sadly there is no way of simulating it on Facer Creator but I use My Designs in my Watch Box to check it rather than sending it to my watch every 5 minutes . Some have used the #CMP# ( not on Tizen ) reading for High Lights as well .

2 Likes

All looks great to me, nicely done :+1:

2 Likes

I have used the compass to give the highlight effect on a watch face - it works quite well. The reason I don’t use it is because I don’t have the artistic ability to making them anything close to looking remotely realistic! Also I’m not sure every watch has a compass…

1 Like

Yes . It is a lovely Idea . Many watches do have a Magnetometer . All have Gyros. Facer accelrrometerRawY() or x is very good now , a bit sticky to start with . Myself and others have posted Inspectable tests .