Chronograph day tag help

Hello everyone, I would like to start off by saying that there are so many inspirational watch faces here that it is difficult to have an original idea at this point. Regardless, I’m trying to figure out a Tag for a chronograph date. I have found another post about a similar topic but no matter how I try to apply the technique, I can’t quite seem to get it right. Anyways, I have added a second hand layer that will represent a day, indicated by the days first letter. All seven days will be along the top of the face, arched from the 11 o’clock position to the 1 o’clock position with Sunday being at the 12 o’clock position. I can get the position to start on Sunday (0) and every seven degrees after that will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I can’t figure out how to get it to swing back to the 11 o’clock position to indicate Thursday, and then after that, Friday and Saturday. Thursday will be 339 deg, followed by 346 for Friday, and finally 353 for Saturday, returning again to 0 on Sunday. I would really appreciate if someone might please help me figure out how to get this working correctly! Thank you for your help!

1 Like

I have an expression for day of week hand movement that goes into the Rotation box that will help you.

$#DOW#=0?25:$ $#DOW#=1?75:$ $#DOW#=2?125:$ $#DOW#=3?181:$ $#DOW#=4?231:$ $#DOW#=5?287:$ $#DOW#=6?336:$

In the =0?number: area of each part you will need to insert the degree at which the hand needs to point for each day. On my example above ?25: equals 25 degrees on the watch face. Also “0” is Sunday and “6” is Saturday On figuring out the degree you need for each day just place your hand where you are going to put it and then use the little extra adjustment box at the top to rotate the image to the position you want for that day. If you look in the rotation box on the right for your image it will tell you the degree that the image is sitting. That’s the number you need to use in the expression. I hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thank you for the quick response mrantisocialguy! I really do appreciate that!

2 Likes

The formula above lets you fine adjust hand position during the week.
If you fancy to experiment with one equal distance, then try this,
replace the first 7 with whatever degrees you like:
(7*(#DOW#-$#DOW#>3?7:0$))

3 Likes

Thank you petruuccios! I just applied the first Tag, and it works perfectly! However, I am now experimenting with another complication with the day hand movement with the center being closer to the top of the watch face, and I think your Tag may help with that! Thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @chicksdigbdp where you’ll find loads to learn and plenty of friendly/helpful people too, as you’ve already found :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you! Very happy to be here!

1 Like