Clearing Facer cache?

I created a watch face and synced it. Then I edited the face, updated and saved it. However, when I sync it now, the old version of the face is what appears on my watch! Is there a way to clear cache or something to stop this happening? :blush: The face is correct on the app and website, but still looks wrong on my actual watch when I sync it.

5 Likes

Hi. Make sure you select the latest update to sync

if If it doesn’t change, delete the phone program once and install it again

4 Likes

I’ve had this issue too occasionally - I’ve definitely got the right version selected, and I’ve even deleted and reinstalled Facer from my watch and phone, with the issue persisting when I reinstall them. Sometimes it seems to resolve after a few days (perhaps Facer resynchronises or refreshes?). Interested to hear if anyone has any additional ideas :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks @roycaruso and @sepandar! I’ve had the same experience as Roy unfortunately, no success even after reinstalling…

4 Likes

My wife said today that her watch face changed by itself. It could be a system bug… As @roycaruso said, you may have to do this several times.

4 Likes

I also Have had Issues with the face synced not being the one I was working on but the one with the error . Are you doing a TWO BUTTON Reboot on the Watch assuming it is a Two button Watch . I do not know about a Reboot on Pixel . Be Aware the server gets confused with renaming faces that have been Previously Published . It tends to preserve the original name on the Apps . I do not change the name once it is published . Don’t duplicate Publications only the DRAFT .
This bug we are experiencing will be temporary . Judging by the Revision name of the Phone and Watch apps I guess we are overdue a Watch Companion app update .

3 Likes

I did some Tests some time ago .
On my GW4 Classic I hold the two buttons in till I get the Rebooting Notice then Quickly press the Upper Button repeatedly and this screen comes up . I was not able to clear the Cache with this like I did on my Tizen . I beg you to take great care . This is Undocumented .
BTW Navigate with the UPPER
button and hold to implement the selection .
Take care .

3 Likes

My update - I just got a new watch and new phone for my birthday - Installed Facer, tried to sync the watch face, and the old version still appeared on my watch. To me this means it must be a server-side issue?

1 Like

Interesting insights all! I wonder if @Facer_Official is aware?

1 Like

Congrats on you Birthday . With the new watch you have obviously selected it in the Facer settings on Th Phone Check the Correct Face is connected with Galaxy Wearable . Ther was a Companion App update the other day .
Strangltly it takes a couple of days for a New Watch to settle down . ENJOY .
Yes Face mus be aware of the Reeboot Screen . Probably many others . I would think they would rather it was public Knowlage . There is a High chance of Bricking Your Watch if you play around with those things not knowing what you are doing . Facer can not accept responsibility it is a Samsung Engineers Setting .

I had a similar issue on my Galaxy 4 Classic. Glad to know it’s not me going crazy haha happy birthday!

2 Likes

Thanks! Fingers crossed it does settle down :blush: I meant hopefully Facer knows about the sync issue (not the reboot, they’d know about that for sure as you said). I haven’t messed with any of those settings, don’t want to brick it because I don’t know what I’m doing :laughing:

2 Likes

You’re not alone, my fiend! That’s the watch I just got :grin:

2 Likes