Clock sync delay

When I use watchfaces from Facer, I always experience such a clock synchronization delay when I wake the watch up. Not too long. I think less than half a second. But it can be saw when the dials move to match the current time after I wake the watch up. But it doesn’t happen with the watchfaces that I downloaded from playstore. Is there any explanation about this or even a solution? Thank you. #gw4

1 Like

The Facer app does not work in the background while the watch is not active for battery saving reasons. That means when your watch goes active it takes a split second to update all the information on the watch face. Native WearOs watch faces from Google Play do not try to save battery because they only access what it needs to function, whereas Facer “could” have everything in any of its faces and needs to update all the information all the time. The Samsung faces also work in the background, but every once in a while, if you look at the seconds display on a Galaxy face at wake-up, you will see it update the seconds and sometimes the minutes. I just make a point of raising my watch to view the time and wait a second to look at it and I never see the synchronization delay.

4 Likes

If it only was half second, I would be glad. But sometimes it takes to wake my watch multiple times, before the face unfreezes and starts showing proper time.

2 Likes

By any chance are you using a Tizen OS watch? I’ve quit using Facer on my Galaxy first generation just because of those kinds of issues. It either delays updating the time, or it just restarts the Facer app before it will even work.

1 Like

I’m using wearOS

1 Like

My watch is S3 frontier.

1 Like

OK, I sold my S3 Frontier because it was totally unusable with Facer. It worked fine with Galaxy watch faces though.

1 Like

I have the GW4 “Active” style and the GW4 Classic. Both are fine with Facer and I have less than a half second of lag if any at all. Is your GW4 up to date on software updates? Mine are both on the version that ends FVD4/ and my Facer version is 6.0.6_1100331.watch. If your versions are not like mine you might want to check for updates on both.

1 Like