Color washed out

Hi,
New to Facer creator, but i have made several watches in another watchface maker. Anyway, i made my first one tonight (red dot - military) but when i upload it to my samsung gear 3 the colors look really washed out. I uploaded other watch faces and the colors look great. Is there a trick to getting the colors not to look washed out? I was using the windows app to make the watch face.

1 Like

I see this is your first post to the forum, so welcome. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.

As for colour, well, it can depend on the browser you are using ( or maybe a setting within it ). On my PC, colours on Microsoft Edge looks very saturated and bright compared to those on Chrome. You could try different browsers ( or try to find the right settings ) until the faces look similar to the way they do on your watch. Then when you adjust the colour of your designs in the browser they will hopefully appear as expected on your watch.

Now of course the above may be just on my PC so I don’t know if it will work for you.

The other possible issue might be monitor calibration - if all browsers display your designs with basically the same saturation then you could see if you can turn it down on your monitor/video card until it matches your watch. You could also try adjusting the brightness and or gama of your monitor.

I hope some of that helps.

Thanks for your reply. I went back in and took a closer look and it looks like my background somehow switched from black to a dark smokey gray which made everything look washed out. Its been fixed.

Thanks again,

1 Like