Complications and App Launchers

I’m trying to create a Wear OS face that has 3 complications and I’d like 4 app launchers, but the only options I get are some built-in apps like phone and settings, nothing custom. I can’t use complications cause there’s a limit of 4 complications total. Is there any feasible way to create 4 completely custom app launchers using Facer Creator?

Edit: I realized I wasn’t super clear. I need 3 complications in addition to 4 app launchers, so 7 interactive elements total.

1 Like

The limit is 4 complications.

One or all of them can be the app launcher. Just add round complication and then latter you can set that complication to be app launcher.

1 Like

Yeah . @facer4 you will notice App launchers are NOP. As @masterboyhr says the round Comps will run any App on the watch . I hide the Bloody things under a background because the Tiles and Lable sizes are just a mess .

1 Like

I appreciate the responses, but my design requires 3 complications in addition to 4 app launchers, so I can’t use complications as app launchers in this design. It seems every watch creation utility has some major drawback to what I’m trying to accomplish:

Facer: Can’t launch arbitrary applications
WatchMaker: Can launch arbitrary applications, but it doesn’t list all available apps for some reason.
KWCH: Can’t launch anything on the watch outside of complications. Feature is coming sometime but no idea when.
Watch Face Studio: Has the most coverage for my needs, believe it or not, but there’s no good way to hide watch hands on demand and animations are stuttery.

Maybe it’s time to learn to code a native watch face. The “Legion” watch face in the Play Store is nearly perfect, I just want to modify a couple small things so I was going to design something similar for my own use.

2 Likes

Do you mean this one ? Sadly Facer will only allow 4 custom comps . But as I said . I have used the round one to call any app on my watch .
I think we might be getting confused wit Complications which are free . You can have as many as you like of them .

The App Launcher in Interactions does not work as far as I tested .
vars programables
custon comps

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one. The names are confusing at times, but I had plans to do the following:

Complication 1: Battery
Complication 2: Timer
Complication 3: AutoWear
App Launcher 1: Alarm
App Launcher 2: Flashlight
App Launcher 3: Wallet
App Launcher 4: Music Center

I could trim some of that down but never could quite get below the 4 complication limit, and Facer Creator Pro doesn’t have most of those applications on the App Launcher.

However, I did figure out how to make it work with Watchmaker. I found I can launch apps that Watchmaker doesn’t list in the “Watch:Run Application” screen by calling the activity directly in a script. Took me far too long to realize that. I actually really like Facer’s creator interface much better, but for now I guess I’m sticking with Watchmaker since it has almost everything I need for this particular design.

1 Like

As I said . You can run any App on your watch with the Round Custom Complication . Check out the Face I posted above .
I am not sure about the Complications you outlined . We should chat more when you have got the Customisable sorted . The confusion might be that they Start with the Default which goes when you customise it . That is why I always use them Hidden .
Start with a Tap Hold on your Display .

I understand, but my problem is that there aren’t enough complications to use for all of my needs. I need 7 overall interactive elements of one variety or another. Four of those are app launchers, but Facer Creator Pro doesn’t provide access to launch the custom applications I need through an app launcher. I could absolutely use a complication as an app launcher and get any app I wanted, but I only have 1 free complication in my current configuration.

Sorry if I’m not describing it very well, but it just comes down to not having enough complications “or” not being able to select all installed watch applications (or launch by package and activity, which is what I eventually figured out on WatchMaker) via app launcher.

I think if Facer could add a custom scripted tap action to an element, similar to what Watchmaker has today, I’d make the switch immediately. I really enjoy the Facer Creator interface more than Watchmaker, which feels kinda clunky, and the community here is way better, too. Not to hate on Watchmaker, of course.

2 Likes

Yes Frustrating . If the App Launcher worked you cloud get it done . Shame . I could not get it to run anything .
Oh well I just signed up again for Pro . I see the app launchers do work and you can have as many as you like but our of the apps that can be launched do did not want one …

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is what it is. I would also like more complications allowed.
I don’t know why it’s limited to 4. I mean, why it has to be limited at all?
If I want to add 17 complications - why not, why Facer cares about it?

I was also going back and forth, at some point I gave up and now I’m subscribed all the time. :upside_down_face:

I think it’s the cheapest hobby in the world.

1 Like

I find the Stats Fascinating . Intresting to see the effect a Spam Hit on FB has . Especialy with some AI Gen Backgrounds .