Conditionals and Digital Watch Colons

So perhaps I am being a bit dense, but I want to have a digital time on my analog watch face. I also want it to display based on what the user specifies 12 or 24 hour and stay centered on watch face. Right now I have this because I want the leading zero for the hours to be there so the display doesn’t shift when it goes from 9 to 10:

$#Db#<10?0(#Db#):#Db#$:#DmZ#:#DsZ# #Da#

I originally wanted to add another conditional to leave off the #Da# for 24 hour mode but I found out it won’t let me. The digital face is already centered so if I just plain remove #Da# the time center’s itself without the DA there but if I manually add the #Da# it centers it for that clock. My issue is I can’t find a way to conditionally add or remove the #Da# since I need the leading 0 conditional in the beginning.

I originally thought about putting the whole clock face in a conditional like this:

$#DTIMEFORMAT#=12?(#DhZ#:#DmZ#:DsZ# #Da#):(#DHZ#:#DmZ#:DsZ#)$

or

$#DTIMEFORMAT#=12?#DhZ#(:)#DmZ#(:)DsZ# #Da#:#DHZ#(:)#DmZ#(:)#DsZ#$

but obviously neither works. I haven’t found a way to escape a : so is there another way to do what I am trying to do?

Thanks
-Songaeki

This is what I use. I have had good luck doing it this way. I found all this on a post from the Facer Community.

Text Box:

0#Db#:#DmZ#

Opacity Box:
$#Db#<10?100:0$
24 Hour Only:
$#Db#<10&&#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?100:0$

Text Box:
#Db#:#DmZ#

Opacity Box:
$#Db#>=10?100:0$

12 Hour Only:
$#DTIMEFORMAT#==12?100:0$

24 Hour Only:
$#Db#>9&&#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?100:0$

It includes the options for 12/24 hour or 12 hour and/or 24 hour by itself. You can also do it with 3 elements. One for zero hours 0#Db#: one for regular hours #Db#: and one for minutes :#DmZ#, just overlap the colons for the hours and minutes.
Hope this helps you out.

Oh, I didn’t think about hiding and showing separate times. Thanks a bunch!