Conditionals and Digital Watch Colons

So perhaps I am being a bit dense, but I want to have a digital time on my analog watch face. I also want it to display based on what the user specifies 12 or 24 hour and stay centered on watch face. Right now I have this because I want the leading zero for the hours to be there so the display doesn’t shift when it goes from 9 to 10:

$#Db#<10?0(#Db#):#Db#$:#DmZ#:#DsZ# #Da#

I originally wanted to add another conditional to leave off the #Da# for 24 hour mode but I found out it won’t let me. The digital face is already centered so if I just plain remove #Da# the time center’s itself without the DA there but if I manually add the #Da# it centers it for that clock. My issue is I can’t find a way to conditionally add or remove the #Da# since I need the leading 0 conditional in the beginning.

I originally thought about putting the whole clock face in a conditional like this:

$#DTIMEFORMAT#=12?(#DhZ#:#DmZ#:DsZ# #Da#):(#DHZ#:#DmZ#:DsZ#)$

or

$#DTIMEFORMAT#=12?#DhZ#(:)#DmZ#(:)DsZ# #Da#:#DHZ#(:)#DmZ#(:)#DsZ#$

but obviously neither works. I haven’t found a way to escape a : so is there another way to do what I am trying to do?

Thanks
-Songaeki

This is what I use. I have had good luck doing it this way. I found all this on a post from the Facer Community.

Text Box:

0#Db#:#DmZ#

Opacity Box:
$#Db#<10?100:0$
24 Hour Only:
$#Db#<10&&#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?100:0$

Text Box:
#Db#:#DmZ#

Opacity Box:
$#Db#>=10?100:0$

12 Hour Only:
$#DTIMEFORMAT#==12?100:0$

24 Hour Only:
$#Db#>9&&#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?100:0$

It includes the options for 12/24 hour or 12 hour and/or 24 hour by itself. You can also do it with 3 elements. One for zero hours 0#Db#: one for regular hours #Db#: and one for minutes :#DmZ#, just overlap the colons for the hours and minutes.
Hope this helps you out.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t think about hiding and showing separate times. Thanks a bunch!

I take it you need a pro subsciption for this. It would be nice if there was a video or tutorial of the creator pro options before I sign up as I really want to see how much extra there is to offer such as more stickers, better analogue arms, changing colours separately on the dim screen from active.

I am on basic just now as you have to enter credit card details for even the trial and I don’t know when I will be busy or not over any period to proparly test things in 3 days.

Currently I am right justifying a monospaced font to keep the colons centered which works but looks a tad off for single figure hours.

1 Like

I’m a free user and you can do a lot that way. The only things you can’t do is make any face that has to be touched by the user to change something. Chronographs, color changes or any other touch operated coding you have to upgrade to be able to use it.

1 Like