CONTEST: Get 1k followers and win a HUAWEI WATCH 2!

Get followers and win a HUAWEI WATCH 2 smartwatch on Facer!
To celebrate the recent launch of the “Follow” feature on Facer, we are very excited to be partnering with Huawei for a contest that will reward the winner with a brand new HUAWEI WATCH 2!

The rules of the contest are simple:

• 1 winner: first Facer designer to get to 1k followers
  • No time limit
  • User must comply with Facer’s terms of services

The prize:

• HUAWEI WATCH 2 — Carbon Black — Bluetooth version — Android Wear 2.0

Sounds great! How do I get more followers?
Getting more followers on Facer is easy if you follow these simple tips:

• Make sure your user profile has a picture & a bio — this is your opportunity to create your brand!
  • Create and publish great watch faces — the better your designs are, the more likely you are to get noticed by the Facer community and maybe get featured!
  • Make sure you’ve selected a category and added a few tags to your watch faces — it will make them more discoverable by your future fans!
  • Be active and visible in the community — leave comments on the faces you like, participate in the forum at community.facer.io, and follow other users — they’re likely to follow you back!
  • Share, share, share! — Share the URL to your profile and your best watch faces with your friends, on social networks and on blogs. Make sure to tag our account with @facer_io on Instagram and we’ll repost the best designs.

Good luck! The contest is effective immediately and we will send an email as soon as we have a winner!

~ The Facer & HUAWEI teams

For more info:
Visit Facer: www.facer.io
Visit Huawei: www.huawei.com

1 Like

Kind of curious where people are at on the scoreboard for this contest.

1 Like

Hey @eradicator09!

Here’s the top #5 by follower count:

1 https://www.facer.io/user/uHBWfsZUtb
2 https://www.facer.io/user/tsttFcd1m5
3 https://www.facer.io/user/WvMr3Hd9ve
4 Jason - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
5 Dan - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

Once a user reaches 1k followers and complies with our terms of services, we’ll announce it to the whole user base by email.

Cheers!

1 Like

3 Likes

To Facer! Where are the “Competition” in this?. These “designers” / people, which has been on Facer.io for longest time (most designed watches), and already has most followers, will pr. automatic be in front in this “competition”. So is it a fair Competition? I don’t see it so!
It’s like making a car race, and giving some of the cars an advantage on half the distance!

1 Like

@eradicator09 LOLOLOLOLOL (20 characters)

1 Like

Hey @post,
Just to note - the “Follow” feature was only just recently added to the community site. So everyone is mostly from the same starting line and an equal playing field.

Thanks,
John

4 Likes

Agreed, I joined three months ago and somehow I’m in third. I’ve been watching follower counts on my profile and since the “follow” feature was added (last month I think), my count has nearly tripled recently. Getting followers goes hand in hand with design syncs I would imagine. Being featured certainly helps in those regards.

1 Like

@jmorga106! Even that the option Follower is added recently, it still don’t change on the fact, that there is a big different, if you have been on Facer for a longer time (many designs), or you just started here (few designs). Those people with a hugh amount of designs, will have a bigger chance of followers, as those who just started. And it brings me to the point, that they have a “jump start”, compared to those just started.
And that’s the reason for my question to the Staff behind facer “where are the competition?”
My personally opinion is, that today to have such competitions, is only for Facer’s own benefit!
If it should give meaning for all people, it has to be on fully other conditions, or at least, equal conditions for all!

Just checked the leaderboard, looks like @TAC2TAC just went over 1000. Congrats!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @eradicator09

2 Likes

Me during this contest:

4 Likes

@TAC2TAC Congrats!

1 Like

@eradicator09
This was me

4 Likes

Thank you @313

2 Likes

Congrats to @TAC2TAC indeed and to everyone who participated! Official announcement for it coming this week, and for those who did not win don’t worry, this won’t be our last contest!

2 Likes

Congrats, @TAC2TAC!

One quibble. This contest was meant to promote community building with the Follow feature, right?

No one on the leaderboard should be following 0 designers. Come on, guys.

I follow anyone who makes it into my Watchbox, even if only one feature of one design catches my eye.

3 Likes

Congrats TAC@TAC!!

John

1 Like

Thank you! @pacingpoet @jmorga106

1 Like

@tac2tac Well done. Congrats

1 Like