Copy element from watch to watch

I’ve been community surfing recently and came across posts where users were questioning how to copy elements from watchface to watchface.
It seemed to be impossible to do. I’m a new Facer user and I have discovered today that because I use 2 screens I can have Chrome on one and Edge on the other and open facer on both! This means that I can copy and paste elements between the two instances (watchfaces). Hope this helps others - it certainly makes my life easier!

2 Likes

That sounds like an interesting idea, I have a watchface I’m working on right now where that will come in handy. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

I think this is working from a tab to a different tab. Not necessary has to be two browsers. Not tried, but seem logical.

2 Likes

I think it’s one browser one instance of Facer meaning that even if you open a new tab facer won’t start a new instance if it is already open in another tab - at least that’s the case on my PC

1 Like

I managed to open two separate Creator tabs, each with different designs in the same browser, but I didn’t managed to copy elements from one to another. I`ll try this at home also.

1 Like

I do this regularly, open 2 tabs and copy code from one to the other (especially when I want to update many faces with the same element)

1 Like

I can cut and paste code but can you copy ELEMENTS across - it’s this that saves time!

I’ve been doing the two windows copy and paste element data into a new element on another watchface for a while now. I tried to copy and paste the whole element and also just sliding it from one window to another window and it will not work that way. I wish it would also, but oh well, we play the cards we are delt and move on.

1 Like

It worked yesterday but not today :frowning: