Counter clockwise orbiting dot

I recently made a watchface based on the spinning roulette loading screen icon seen in fallout new vegas. I learned the code to make the roulette in the center to rotate counter clockwise:

(-(#DWFSS#))

and the orbiting ball to orbit clockwise

X: (160 + cos((#DWFSS# - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 57)
                  Y: (160 + sin((#DWFSS# - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 57)

I thought that that is how it goes in the game loading screen, but upon replaying the game it is actually the other way around. I just wanted some help figuring out how to make the ball orbit counter clockwise instead. I already tried plugging in the counter clockwise code into where the clockwise smooth secondhand rotation #DWFSS# is in the code above:

X: (160 + cos((-(#DWFSS#)) - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 57)
                Y: (160 + sin((-(#DWFSS#)) - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 57)

This did nothing but make the ball position itself in the center ( X:160, Y:160). I just don’t know what I’m doing. please help

here is the watch face I’m talking about:

(160 + cos(((-#DWFSS#*2)-90)*0.0174533)*85)
(160 + sin(((-#DWFSS#*2)-90)*0.0174533)*85)

Look inside that watch face, there really is something rotating counterclockwise

just change the 160 + to 160 - on one of the axis (not both)

X: (160 - cos((#DWFSS# - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 57)
Y: (160 + sin((#DWFSS# - 90) * ((pi)/180)) * 57)

The simplest way to do this is to load a transparent image that covers the entire watch face with a dot located at some distance from its center, all you need to do then is just rotate the image.

Thanks to all who contributed. Thanks to @ThaMattie in particular because it was his simple solution that did the trick. Thanks for all your patience.

here’s the design all fixed up.

2 Likes