Couple of technical questions

No. 1, I’m needing to move an object across the screen in X and up and down in Y, so it’s following a radius but the object is not turning. I have the X movement no problem but cannot figure out the Y portion.

No.2, I was just wondering if there’s a way to save the inspection mode of somebody’s watch just to be able to refer to it for the way things were constructed?

1 Like
  1. You mean like an object orbiting around the watch face?
X: (160+sin(-#DWFMS#)*120) 
Y: (160+cos(-#DWFMS#)*120)

The “120” is the distance from the center. This formula is not like a seconds hand. If you want to orbit an object around the watch phase at the exact second, let me know.

1. You can save the link of someone’s watch face. But then if the owner deletes the face, you obviously lose the information. Second option is to copy the inspected element definition somewhere in your own notes.
1 Like

That old Favourite . Most use to to describe Elliptical paths .I will find you something.

Not when Orbiting Text you have to offset it a bit because the text position is counted from the top not the centre. Generally you will be changing the first and last numbers.

Have little play to see why one has cos and one sin . Swap them and see what happens . Have Fun.

Question 2 If I see a Face that is open to Inspection I put it in My Bits Box Collection . Those who leave their faces open will be delighted . Let us know if you do not know how to make a collection for yourself.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, not wanting to orbit, want to move the red block left to right and keep within arc of Y
bg

1 Like

presumably that is a battery gauge . Personally I would make it into a hand . Or a bigger bar behind a mask . but i think I know what you want to do why don’t you show us your X code.

Thanks russellcresser, just looking to do something different.

(((#BLN#/100)*72)+125)

1 Like

Here is something Liner at the scale of your posted image
Got you X . I have done short form . you understand I know . I will look at something analogue after dinner .

That’s perfect, Thank You sir!

1 Like

Do you want me to look at a Little SIN ?

I just realised at dinner that I have done this trick before . On this in Tongue in Cheek number .

1 Like

Ok, lets say to move along section of circular path (arc). You decided the horizontal coordinate would be linear. But even then the vertical coordinate for the square still should be more like
(160-110*(cos((#BLN#/100-0.5)*3.14/6))) (depending on gauge placement)

3 Likes

I say thank you Peter . When ever you come to the Room there is always something to Learn and Treasure . I was playing around at the centre of the screen . So much easier if it is away from the centre a bit .

3 Likes

russellcresser what you did was perfect for what I needed

1 Like

Good to learn the SIN COS stuff as well but Thank You.

Does anyone have a formula for an object orbiting around the watchface once in 24 hours?

In other words, one orbiting = whole day?

1 Like

Try putting #DWFHS# insread of the minutes tag. We may have yo do some angle adjustment . Dop an hour hand ( 24 hrs) into your Wip to check it is allighned witg the RTC. We did that yesterday for second so this one should work.

I did, doesn’t work.

1 Like

With this Orbiting stuff the structure is critical . I think this is the work of Peter @petruuccios that I butchered but don’t quote me . All I do know is I did not come up with it myself .

2 Likes

Those rotational tags for hour hands need to be converted to radians for the sin/cos to work with them.

2 Likes

If Peter finds the time to Join in the topic always becomes a Tutorial worth Bookmarking . :trophy:

1 Like

There is no way I can solve this by myself. I’m lost. But/and intrigued.

So, the object should be at the same place where the hour hand is.

Whatever I try - doesn’t work.

1 Like