Daily Mix on Watch App

Hi, is there a way to remove the DailyMix/Spin options in the Facer watch app?

I have dreadul lag on all of my facer watchfaces and I’m trying to remove all bloat to try and pin down the issue.

Please, no suggestions regarding resets (at least 18 already done) removal of other watchfaces/apps (20 done) or blaming the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic itself. I have several native wearOS with no issues, 4 watchmaker faces, again no issues and literally 1 (pretty old) Facer watchface that doesn’t cause problems.

1 Like

All you can really do is ignore the Daily Mix. You can’t get rid of it. It’s just best to never start using it. I have two GW4 watches the “Active” style and the Classic. I don’t have issues with either one. But OTOH I have never activated the Daily Mix on either one. I’ve had lots more lag issues with my Galaxy 1 and my Gear S3.

1 Like

Thanks, trying to remove all unnecessary stuff to do with Facer, I’m aware it’s a long running issue but just would like to use some of the very nice faces without the very annoying lag, which is 3-4 seconds on some faces, I’ve often read the time and put the watch away before the face appears properly. Starting to wish I hadn’t bought the annual pass…

1 Like

What I’ve also noticed is the more graphics and other things that add size to the watch face itself will sometimes cause an extra long lag when going active. There will always be a tiny amount of lag going active from the Facer app updating the time and any other information that is in the face. Lots of graphics does aggravate that.

2 Likes

@jhared51 . Cut down Entirely the amount of stuff stored on your watch . If I want my watch to behave there is only on e face on there and no Pictures or Music. I cut down on the Makers Faces as well and Reboot now and again . Some stuff on the watches has Memory Leak and it is not just down to Facer.

1 Like

Same here, I don’t add apps, music or pictures to my watches. That is what the phone is for. I also go through and delete all the manufacturer faces that I can and won’t ever use. Sadly, you can’t get rid of most of them. :rage:

Completely agree. But I’ve already done that many times, and yes I know the time, weather etc has to update, but this is beyond all that.
I have two facer watches on, no unnecessary apps, no other watch face type apps on atm and I still get lag.
Remove Facer etc, have a single dl’d wearOS face, all my (many) gps/mapping apps on, no issues.

In my particular instance I am now at the ‘Facer is the issue’ stage having spent the last few weeks doing nothing but resets, app changes etc.

Appreciate the input.

1 Like

I’ve had my GW4 since yesterday, just synced 5 or 6 of my own deign Faces, and I’ve experienced no problems whatsoever. It’s the smoothest, fastest, lightest, and most vibrantly coloured Watch I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

Do we think havibg 2 Third part Apps on a watch is 1 too many or do you do your tests with only 1 ?

1 Like

OMG :open_mouth: 2 Third Party Apps?? :astonished: I’m loyal to Facer, nobody else comes even close :grin:

1 Like

I would like to try watchmaker, but you have to pay to have the app. Even though the description says it’s free. I’ve read way too many comments on the app with people complaining about that.

1 Like

Minimal & Elegant (app name) has a some good watchfaces and a pretty good designer app, but doesn’t have the following that Facer has.

1 Like

God no! For test purposes only. I have a ‘few’ apps I always use, but in the search for a fix, I limited the watch to the oem apps, remove a few I never use.

1 Like

Consider yourself lucky m8, there are literally thousands of posts over numerous sites spanning some years regarding this lag issue.

I upgraded from the GW to the 4 Classic, thinking it would be better, it isn’t. Facer that is, not the watch which is great.

1 Like

Sorry all, forgot to add handles to the replies, but there’s not so many it can’t be worked out who I’m replying to.

1 Like

@jhared51 . It is not a problem most read through all the responses and put it together. I am sorry you are having issues. GW4 can be a bit sticky at the moment . If I want something to work well I keep it as simple as it is possible .

@russellcresser that’s what I’ve been trying to do, minimise apps, faces etc. In actual fact I’ve had the GW4C for 1 month and 3 weeks of that has been spent trying to sort this lag issue out.
Absolutely love the watch and I understand early owners had issues, but I haven’t experienced any of the known early problems. But just like them, this is an issue that’s spoiling my overall experience.

1 Like