Date is not shown properly

Thanx! I suppose it does not work on wear os, meanwhile it works on tizen…

1 Like

Thanx a lot @mikeoday ! So, it does not work on tizen… The expression is:
((#Dd#*11.61290)-11.61290))
It’s strange that Tizen is able to manage it and wear os is not…

1 Like

I had created some 30 faces when I had only a Tizen/GW1. Much to my dismay, almost half of them didn’t work right once I got a GW4. It turned out to be an extra space and/or lack thereof in formulas that the GW4 was less forgiving of, which was very frustrating and stressful while I struggled to fix.

1 Like

And the uneven number of brackets in your rotation expression above :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry replied to wrong comment :upside_down_face:

@mnfudoshin, you need another opening bracket in your expression.

3 Likes

Oh yea, balancing brackets is certainly an eye-crossing challenge. If it gets out of hand, I paste the formula in Notepad++ which helps to pair them up by highlighting what it sees as a matching bracket, like in the screenshot below: I put my cursor at the 4th left-bracket, and it highlights it in red as well as its matching right-bracket.

notepad++

6 Likes

Cool, is that on the Microsoft store? I’ll have to get it!

1 Like

I have like portable app
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

3 Likes

Found it I think, thanks, I’ll give it a go :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, that works great!

Untitled-1

2 Likes

Notepad++ is awesome
I used it alot when I was making websites to help with html issues

One awesome little but powerful utility

4 Likes

Another thumbs up for NP++ here. Been using it for years but definately great for expression troubleshooting. Helps when you can see the whole thing in one too.

3 Likes

I’ve configured the basics of Facer tags, expressions, etc in my Notepad++ so that it highlights each differently, making it even easier to read a long complicated conditional:

notepad++

The configuration is compiled into an XML file which one can import into their own Notepad++ and use. I tried to upload it here but unfortunately it won’t let me, so I put it on DropBox. It’s a small plain text file.

Download and save the file. In Notepad++ go to the LANGUAGE menu and select DEFINE YOUR LANGUAGE. From there, import the XML file and close the language window, then exit Notepad++ and restart it. Now you should see “Facer” towards the bottom of the LANGUAGE menu, you have to manually select “Facer” each time. Paste formulas and it should get highlighted per the screenshot.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, that is great!

1 Like

Mmm, I guess I am doing something wrong. I think I have loaded it ok but the tags are not highlighted. Is there a setting or option somewhere I need to set?

YVW! Let me know if it works… before I resorted to DropBox I had pasted the XML file’s contents in my previous reply, but in the preview it got utterly clobbered.

1 Like

Ah so you’re one step into it… move away from that line, a “selected” line is for some reason not fully highlighted, like line #2 below:

notepad++

1 Like

{ Edit:} sorry, I did not follow . I see now. All is working ok. Thanks

This is so cool! Thanks agian.

:grinning:

1 Like

Yep, you’re perfectly right!!! I was not a champion in math :sweat_smile:
Now it works in each gear. Thanx a lot. Now remain only an issue in the formula for the zodiac rotation:
the “famous” Mellin one works but miss some days randomly:
(((#DM# + (clamp((#Dd# - 19),0,1))) / 12) * 360)

the second one I found does not miss days but doesn’t work on wear os… :thinking:
($#DD#<=19||#DD#>=356?0:$$#DD#>=20&&#DD#<=48?30:$$#DD#>=49&&#DD#<=78?60:$$#DD#>=79&&#DD#<=109?90:$$#DD#>=110&&#DD#<=139?120:$$#DD#>=140&&#DD#<=171?150:$$#DD#>=172&&#DD#<=202?180:$$#DD#>=203&&#DD#<=234?210:$$#DD#>=235&&#DD#<=264?240:$$#DD#>=265&&#DD#<=295?270:$$#DD#>=296&&#DD#<=325?300:$$#DD#>=326&&#DD#<=355?330:$+210)

Any idea? Some bracket missed in this mess? :joy:

Anyway thank you very much to everybody for your kindness! really.

1 Like