Day 5 Weather Icon Glitch

@Facer_Official
Is there an issue with the Day 5 WX Icon tag on WearOS or is it just with the TicWatch Express? I am working on a face that has WX Icons for days 2-5 and day 5 stays blank on the TicWatch. It functions perfectly on my Samsung Active 2. I added text elements for each and all retuned properly except the day 5 text element which gave me “67” instead of the “10” that my Active 2 returned.

If anyone would like to take a look and make sure I haven’t done something wrong you can find the watch face I’m working on here: LINKED FACE DELETED BY OWNER

The elements in question are labeled Rainy 5a, Rainy 5b and Rainy 5c. I did have just one day 5 but thought the combo Opacity Expression might have been the cause so I separated into three simple expression layers.

1 Like

I don’t use these myself so I don’t think I can be much help.

However, some time ago I had a problem with a face that worked on my Samsung but had issues on some watch brands. The recommendation from the Facer guys was to use “==” in the test instead of “=”. It solved my problem, maybe it will would for you as well.

I normally do and in the original opacity expression it was “==”, but I threw those three together quickly to see if it fixed it. Maybe the fix wasn’t really a fix after all. I’ll give it a shot, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Thanks!

UPDATE: Didn’t fix it. I still don’t understand why if you put #WFECI# into a text it returns 67 instead of 10 like it did on my Samsung. #WFDCI#, #WFCCI# and #WFBCI# return correctly on the TicWatch.

1 Like

Sorry it did not help. I can’t think of anything else to try. :anguished:

I know the feeling. I truly suspect that either the TicWatch E is too stupid to understand the #WFECI# tag, or it’s a WearOS issue.

1 Like

Not getting any more replies to my question I have redone the watch face using DayS 1-4 just in case that it’s a WearOS issue and not just my TicWatch E I use for testing. I have deleted the original face.

1 Like

A pity you could not fix it. Mind you, four days out is already stretching the reliability of the weather forcast - at least it would be in Sydney; weather forcasting is way better than it used to be but more than a couple of days in the future and it is still not that accurate. :grinning:

1 Like

Well Mike it’s not a total loss. I made an unpublished copy of it on my personal account KB9TMP and made it days 2-5. It works perfectly on my Gear S3 Frontier and Active 2, just not on my test TicWatch E. But that TicWatch is doing exactly what I want it to do. It shows me where the less expensive WearOS powered watches have issues so I can work around them or just change my design to include their quirks.

1 Like