Day Of Week Expression For Rotation No Longer Works

@Facer_Official
I wrote an expression where I could pinpoint exactly on a weekday circle the point I wanted the hand to land for each day. This is the expression I’m working with for the Rotation box.

$#DOW#=0?25:$$#DOW#=1?75:$$#DOW#=2?125:$$#DOW#=?181:$$#DOW#=4?231:$$#DOW#=5?287:$$#DOW#=6?:336$

This expression worked perfectly 2 months ago, but when I try to use it again the creator and the display of the newly saved face both are stuck straight up. I’ve checked the last face I used it in and it is displaying correctly on the website. What happened?

1 Like

Received an email back from Facer and was told that my expression had a syntax error in it. They said the proper way to write it was like this:

$#DOW#=0?25:$ $#DOW#=1?75:$ $#DOW#=2?125:$ $#DOW#=?181:$ $#DOW#=4?231:$ $#DOW#=5?287:$ $#DOW#=6?:336$

2 Likes

Good that Facer got back to you. So just a matter of putting spaces between the conditionals. To Space or not to Space this is the question. I smother the Expressions with ( ) , but not withj Conditionals.

1 Like

If I ever do a Day Rotation, I always use #DWR# but thanks for sharing Mr Anti Social Guy Sir :+1:

2 Likes

The strong point with this expression is if you want to make a week day ring and alternate the week days out of order. (Sun, Tue, Mon, Wed, Fri, Thu, Sat. or the names are not quite equally spaced) You can set the pointer to stop at the exact degree you want it to for each day.

With some alteration the expression could be used for anything like months, battery segments by custom percent, etc.

2 Likes