Difference between compass codes

-#CMP#
((-1)*(#CMP#))

I found these 2 codes for the compass, I would like to understand the difference, before it worked, now it doesn’t work anymore, it remains fixed. do you know the problem?

2 Likes

TRY. -(#CMP#) I will post a test in a bit. What are you trying to move.

2 Likes

I created a compass, it worked before, now it doesn’t work anymore. even if you enter the code it remains fixed. something happened.
if you download a dial with the compass does it work for you?

2 Likes

it doesn’t work with your code either, it used to work fine with this code.
((-1)*(#CMP#))

2 Likes

@verardi.gianluca . You have my most profound apology . Because I posted my initial response from my mobile a space crept in between the - and the ( . So I have format protected it now and tested it . If you want it to rotate the pointer you will have to add 180 degrees . ( Are you trying to, get a reading , Rotate the dial or a needle . Sorry I was on my mobile phone . here is a test I published in the mean time . It is Obviously Inspectable .

2 Likes

on my watch your compass is not working, something happened on my account

2 Likes

(-(#CMP#))

((-1)*(#CMP#))

Both these work for me .

There is a tag to test for Compass I think . Are you sure your Watch has a Magnetometer . Remind me which watch you have .

2 Likes

sure I’m sure, yesterday everything was working,

2 Likes

Try a Two Button Reboot . Do you know how to Calibrate a Magnetometer . Waggle the watch about vigorously in a Figure of 8 for 30 seconds to calibrate the compass . It may seem a Joke . I am quite serious .
Two button reboot is hold the two buttons down until you see rebooting . it will take a time if you are booting up with facer running . Either way Facer has to boot .
If there are bits missing from your Face go to a native Face and back . I have to do this a lot as I am constantly developing stuff .

Please tell me which watch you Have .

I see form your Profile you Posted paypal.me . I wonder how much you make from that and if you realize that Facer has an opinion on " Buy Me Coffee " in your profile .

4 Likes

samsung galaxy 6 lte

thanks, I did as you said now the compass works, you are really kind to give me explanations not as well as thank you.
I removed the paypal, I had seen others do it, but I think it is not correct.

4 Likes

Always try a simple reboot if you’re having problems, it often sorts it all out, and @russellcresser, your test face has another sync working just fine on my watch :grin:

2 Likes

your dial looks like this, every now and then the compass appears, it goes in fits and starts, I don’t know if it depends on my watch

2 Likes

Bless . I am not the Facer Police . You will understand we are all here just trying to help each other. I can not say why your Compass is intermittent . Does the needle disappear . What happens if you just have #CMP# in a text BOX .

1 Like

Ha Ha . Sorry . I forgot the face I made . That face also tests the Accelerometer . If you lift it up you get the data back . I see what you mean . Sorry .

1 Like