Digital Skeleton

I like skeleton analog watched and I have a couple in my watchbox but as most of my analog watches have a digital dim mode I decided to make a digital skeleton watch face -

I see from some posts that maybe some of you may be able to identify the circuit used even though not all of it fits in the face.

2 Likes

Could be a couple of 7490 in there . You are a couple of chips Short I think . Sadly I could not Inspect your work so am not sure of the numbers on those IC . I would love to do a project like that where the little buttons Flagged the Date etc . Nice one.

Two 74LS04 on the outside, 74HC-something between them (unreadable), and the 8-pin is all unreadable. Got to be careful when mixing LS and HC! :grin:

Then thereā€™s Mary-Jane at bottom-left :rofl:

1 Like

@russellcresser @kourosh
Here you go -

So now you know - itā€™s an Arduino digital clock. I started with enthusiasm cutting and pasting various elements from the internet so that I could rearrange them a little to make them fit a watch face but could not understand the circuit to be able for example to find the right resistors I gave up trying and just hope that others are not electronic savvy enough to see what I did. You boith caught me out there ! :smiley:
@russellcresser hmmm ā€˜You are a couple of chips short I thinkā€™ - is that the same as a ā€˜card short of a full deckā€™? :smiley: I get the hint about inspection! I have started doing that I promise - its just that in this case I got fed up of writing ā€˜Resistor 1, Resister 2ā€™ etc; and then coming across things i donā€™t know what they are! I agree that if you have the premium pro plus thingy so that you can have interactions then it could be an interesting watch to make.
@kourosh there appears to be some chuckling going on in your post - i guess that they are in jokes but I am afraid they make no sense to me!

1 Like

This Circuit you have come up with is exactly the sort of thing that gets us all excited . If I find the time I will dig out my Arduino RTC to show you . Great to see the Power ling used as the time base for the clock . Real old school . We are having a lot of fun with this . Please Keep it up . I did not recognise the Arduino because it is on a Bread Board .

This would be my one . The Guys I worked with were always having a go about my Rats Nests .

1 Like

Oh - I like it!
Itā€™s on a breadboard simply because I wanted it green! I like all the wires etc on yours - theyā€™re great.

1 Like

I just stole an image from the Instructables Article . I love stuff done with those Dupont Jumpers .
I will show you an effort of mine .

Just poking fun at the blue Bourns-style variable resistor (aka, potentiometer, aka POT!) at the lower-left using the Mary-Jane slang name! But you did very well, especially that you used a breadboard PCB under the components. A few years ago I needed a variable resistor, I walked into my local Radio Shack store, the lady at the counter said ā€œcan I help youā€ and and I replied ā€œIā€™m looking for potā€ :rofl:

Sometimes I miss being in the electronics businessā€¦ then again itā€™s been so long that I donā€™t even remember the resistor color code. I would have to ask the Borg: resistance is futile!

1 Like

Ha Ha. Just gets better. Just ehen I learnt the Colour codes they sdded another coulur. Never got the 5 rinfg system. Here is one of my efforts.
RTC, HPA Sensor and LDR. 640x480 Display sitting on top of a Uno. No Mary Jane. I get it now.

The question is - did you get any? :wink:

1 Like

Here is the final version currently being tested on my watch -

I decided to use some non Arduino parts and make a LED battery status guage, also, inspection is on! Incidentally why canā€™t inspection be on by default?

2 Likes

Bloody Marvellous . Can I offer you 12/24 hrs leading zero . User selectable .

(pad(#Db#,2)):#DmZ#

Yeah . Re Inspectable Default . You will find most do not Open their work . You will find most on here do . I think that tells you the story . Keep coming back here .

I would love to make that Interactive for you but it would have to be published by me . I would of course credit you and Direct User to your profile . Some have Done those where the Motion sensor shows the date as Digits. Some have put them on the Wake Timer flicking from on to the other in three seconds .

She looked at me funny, she didnā€™t get the pun.
So I walked over to their component drawers and found my 100K pot! :grin:

1 Like

As far as I am concerned you are more than welcome to upgrade the watchface and publish.
Your standard and quality of work is much, much better than mine so please be my guest! For me the watch was a fun idea and one i hadnā€™t seen anywhere else. (Also I may have borrowed one of your watchfaces previously so itā€™s only fair that you have one of mine) :smiley:
I will happily make use of the leading zero offer as I need all the help I can get! However, Iā€™m a little concerned now that the expression i have used may not work on all watches - is the only difference that mine forces a leading zero and your expression allows the user a choice?
I tried to make the watchface look like it was below the glass sitting at the base of the watch, but my artistic skills are not good enough (yet) so I abandoned the idea.
One last thing - I unfortunately deleted the watch face with all the bits and pieces on it in favour of a screen shotā€™

1 Like

Oops somehow i managed to post before I finishedā€¦
ā€¦because it was a mess of unnamed layers! Should you want to rearrange anything i can send you what I have.
Err one more last thing - Iā€™m honoured that someone like you and @kourosh like my idea and will take it further, or, at least we have had a good chuckle! :smiley:

1 Like

Looking at your Draft I see nothing missing . When we do LED LCD displays we drop a layer in with 88:88 underneath . To show glass you stretch a ghost of a window over the top . Please check your PM ( Private Messages ). I have something for you .

see below

WINDOW