Disabling, changing things

Hello,

Forgive the stupid question but
I’ll be home tomorrow and will finally get to play with my watch

I’ve been browsing the faces trying to decide which one to start with and have picked a few I like.

The questions, most of the faces I have chosen have kewl features like heart rate, temp, etc but being a truck driver the step counter is rather pointless.

1. Is there a way to take that area, disable steps and have it just be a button to launch an app, say, voice recorder or notes, or if I pick a face that does not show temp and have it now show it, etc.

2. from reading in the forums, temp area does not follow me as I drive, I could easily hit 3 states in a day, can it be set up pull data from a weather app from my phone, say, weatherbug?
    Thanks for any help
    It is much appriciated

Another thought,

Can the steps area be changed to just show distance, say the miles I traveled in a day using the GPS.
Obviously not part of the health activity as that would really screw up say Google fit. Haha

I’m sure someone more capable than me can answer these questions, but changing these things on a Face is not possible I’m afraid, unless certain options are already set in someones creation, such as tapping on Steps to change it to distance travelled, but I also think that there is no way yet to set distance solely by GPS travel, as it is currently calculated from the Steps count. @mrantisocialguy demonstrates distance calculated in the Face below using the $#UNITSYS#==IMPERIAL?((round((#ZSC#*0.0476)))/100) ML:((round((#ZSC#*0.00762)))/10) KM$ math calculation.

I am sure some other members will soon join this discussion to offer their help and opinions.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few that offer distance traveled but assume like you said, it goes but steps so if you set a goal, say 10000 steps it’ll count up. Just a guess though

1 Like

Just so you know, @kvansant always creates some quality Hybrid designs, which I believe usually show weather details and distance among other things, and I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me pointing you in his direction, so here is one of his latest creations (tap his logo or the 6 number to see different interactions) -

1 Like

That is actually one I was thinking of

I know I can program the watches side buttons for other apps, maybe that bubble cloud wear but am hoping for something in face.

Crosses fingers

1 Like

Another thought

Is it unheard of or not allowed to contact a creator and maybe asking them to customize an existing face?

thanks Gizmo, hey Tom, I don’t think we have a way to draw from GPS data since so many of the smart watches out there don’t actually have GPS. So distance can only be derived from step count. But weather data (if you have your watch configured to update weather at some interval) will track your location so as you were passing from city to city it should give you local info. There’s a tag to display the current city which is drawn from the local weather station, so including that tag/data would insure that you’d see if the weather readout was actually tracking you.

But it kind of sounds like you are also asking if you can modify existing faces to change the data that’s being displayed and that answer is no. But you can make your own and that’s the fun part :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @kvansant,

I don’t want to personally edit or change a face.
I’d be more then willing to chat with the creator of the face and request they do the modifications.
With an app like bubble cloud you can have phone apps on your watch, it doesnt seem like a leap to pull gps data from the phone but again, what do I know. Haha

I was in computers for a living but not a programmer/coder. I was on the hardware side of them, honestly I tried it once, I do not have the mindset for it.

2 Likes

You can contact Creators directly through the Community if you know their name, you can tap on it here and you’ll see the option to message them, or you can post a request for a Face to be made as per your requirements and see if anyone can help. I’ve created one or two for people before, but my Face Creating skills are very marginal at least. Good luck to you anyway and…
Keep On Trucking Gif 01

1 Like

I think right now pulling GPS from the phone is not anything Facer can do, and probably will not be anytime soon. …just a guess. But yeah, uses the forums or comments section under a given face to contact a designer directly. A lot of guys probably would be up for a custom job.

2 Likes

Hello, I guess you can contact author by leaving a review/comment in bottom of the watch face page. There you can ask, whether they would be willing to make a derivation of the face with features you suggested (a reply is not guaranteed though).
However to add buttons with shortcuts needs the watchface to be premium.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate that help

1 Like

Good to know @petruuccios
Not suprizing on the premium part too :wink:

1 Like

We have a way for the user to change apps around by tapping twice on an icon and selecting a shortcut from a menu but it is only a way to relocate the basic apps rather than a way to add new ones.
Apple watches have a much better way of doing that with more options. I don’t have an Apple, but my Followers have told me how they have added different apps to my designs. If you have an Apple phone, someday you might want to look into what features the watches have to offer.

2 Likes

Thank you @Linlay but
I am not an apple user
My wife went to the dark side but I can not.

Haha

2 Likes

I completely understand, Tom. :grinning: I just thought I’d let you know all your options, depending on your priorities.

2 Likes

@kvansant
I verified my new watch has gps in it so I am looking at the faces with gps functions like weather and such.
Hopefully one of them can be modified for my needs, remove steps, add, distance for the day via gps, etc
Yes, I’ll contact them

2 Likes

good luck, probably you’ll find people willing to customize for you but you still might run into the limitation that Facer can not pull GPS data. So I’m pretty sure there’s no way to get distance except through steps.

2 Likes

So, as it may not be possible to do what I want. I haven’t given up yet, just curious.

If I disable the activity monitoring on the watch, what would the face look like, heart rate, steps, would they just show … dots or zeros or just be blank?

1 Like