Do I need to change anything about the clocks during a leap year?

Check here, it explains it quite well:

3 Likes

This is a countdown days to christmas day (25th december for those not sure) for leap years and non leap years:
$#DISLEAPYEAR#=false?(359-#DD#):(360-#DD#)$
Using the day in year tag and leap year tag are the key.

4 Likes

Does that give you days till the next on the 26th ?

1 Like

Between 26th and 31st dec it will display negative days that have past 25th from -1 to -6. Then on 1st Jan it will again calculate number of days to 25th dec.
But if that is not desired, just hide the field if result < 0 etc.
Can’t have it all!

2 Likes

The Candy Cane formula stars counting on the 26th . This will work for any anniversary you care to find the day number of . Have a look it is a fabulous bit of maths .Well it is to me . Not my work . It was left somewhere on the Community as a gift . I had to tweak it as the Syntax Mods broke it but I have no memory of what I had to do . That is the problem with my Brain . Soon as the job is done I forget straight away . Just copy and Paste .

1 Like

If with everything you do, explain and guide your brain there is a problem now I’m worried about mine
laughs

Se com tudo que vocĂȘ faz, explica e orienta seu cĂ©rebro tem algum problema agora estou preocupado com o meu
risos

1 Like

My Friend if you are here you have a problem . Other People have a Life . Fortunately you don’t really need to be a Genius to have Fun . Just Enjoy .
Meu amigo, se vocĂȘ estĂĄ aqui, vocĂȘ tem um problema. Outras pessoas tĂȘm uma vida. Felizmente vocĂȘ realmente nĂŁo precisa ser um GĂȘnio para se divertir. Apenas aproveite .
hahaah-belly-laugh

1 Like

If you inspect you can play with the calendar date in time machine to see if logic works.
Looks like you can probably do it all in one field
but i like to split it into separate text fields as its easier for me to understand !

2 Likes

Above give weird results for me.

2 Likes

I believe that is the old version that used to work until Facer updated mid last year. I took out all the leap year parts and just used $(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=360?360-#DD#:$ $(#Dy#/4)!=floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=359?359-#DD#:$ with opacity so it would only start showing during December. $#DMM#==12&&#DdL#<25?100:0$

Then I used this as a countdown until New Years $#Dy#%4==0&&#DD#<=367?367-#DD#:$ $#Dy#%4!=0&&#DD#<=367?366-#DD#:$ Days Until (#Dyyyy#+1) and I used $#DMM#==12&&#DdL#>25?100:0$ in opacity.

I had to cheat the system by making it less functional, but more stable.

4 Likes

Yep, I think its hard to do it all in one field
 and alot easier to make sense of formulas if they are split into separate objects.

3 Likes