Christmas Countdown

Fairly new to this but I am wondering how to set up a countdown widget for my watch faces.
I use the “Create Watchface” item on my page but am wondering
1 Can it be done on the basic watchface build or
2 Do I need to upgrade.

Thanks all

3 Likes

Countdown until Christmas Place in Text Box
$(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=360?360-#DD#:$$(#Dy#/4)!=floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=359?359-#DD#:$$((#Dy#+1)/4)==floor((#Dy#+1)/4)?365-#DD#+360:$$(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)?366-#DD#+359:365-#DD#+359$

As a heads up this “used” to only work on Samsung Tizen watches and not on WearOS. I have not tested it lately so you will want to double check it to make sure it functions. If it doesn’t give this a try for grins and giggles.
$(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=360?360-#DD#:$ $(#Dy#/4)!=floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=359?359-#DD#:$ $((#Dy#+1)/4)==floor((#Dy#+1)/4)?365-#DD#+360:$ $(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)?366-#DD#+359:365-#DD#+359$
It looks the same but there are some extra spaces in it that might make it work.

4 Likes

You dont need to upgrade and you can also shorten that formula a little using modulo function like this:
$#Dy#%4==0&&#DD#<=360?360-#DD#:$$#Dy#%4!=0&&#DD#<=359?359-#DD#:$$(#Dy#+1)%4==0?365-#DD#+360:$$#Dy#%4==0?366-#DD#+359:365-#DD#+359$

5 Likes

When I place this in a text box, I get the “26391” as an output, I tried this on Nov 29th…when there should be 26 days until Christmas…

1 Like

I found that also. You need to split the expression in half and use only the first two parts. It will only function correctly until Christmas then it goes blank. I used $(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=360?360-#DD#:$ $(#Dy#/4)!=floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=359?359-#DD#:$ with the opacity of $#DMM#>10&&#DdL#<25?100:0$ So that it is only visible during December and up to but not including Christmas. I use text “Merry Christmas” set with opacity for only Christmas day in the same spot I put the countdown to Christmas. Have fun!

2 Likes

I note that there is a new tag which flags up the Leap years. That will help make Formulas a little less bulky. When I get on my Laptop I will post them .

2 Likes

Sadly for me all these formulas go wonky on the first of the next January on the Creator Time Machine . But does that mean they will be ok on a watch . but at the end of the day by Boxing day everyone is wearing their new watches .

2 Likes

Sorry, I did not check the source formula, just substituted the complicated decision what year it was with something litte simpler. There are missing some dual conditions in the last part. If nobody solves it meanwhile, I will return to this later tonight or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hey Peter . I wonder if the new #DISLEAPYEAR# would help . I know we ? you have had to come up with Grunt stand-ins for #DISDAYTIM# . I see that most of those formulas are to do with leap years . The countdown is relatively simpler it is crossing Zero that is always the problem .

2 Likes

PLEASE RESPOND

Thanks to all but please…
Where do I put the formula? Which text box? Where ? How?

1 Like

Place $(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=360?360-#DD#:$ $(#Dy#/4)!=floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=359?359-#DD#:$ in the Text Box and $#DMM#>10&&#DdL#<25?100:0$ In the Opacity box. Or if you want it to read 0 Days until Christmas, use $#DMM#>10&&#DdL#<26?100:0$ in the Opacity box.

2 Likes

I figured it out, the formula was fine, the width was the issue, since the number was to wide, it didn’t show at all.

2 Likes

I tierd this formula with creators timemachine and it seems to work well but for the 26.dec in the year before leap year.
$#Dy#%4==0||#Dy#%4==3&&#DD#>360?((360-#DD#+365)%365):((359-#DD#+365)%365)$

2 Likes

Found it. Highlight “Date” press the “Rocket” to get Layer properties THEN enter the code into the “Text box”
Not all of us know as much as you think we know.

1 Like

Hey @milosmyth The assumption is always if you have got here you know where the Layers are . Here are a few YouTube vids , I made , that take you through first steps . Very difficult to know what you do or don’t know . I often get into trouble assuming people Know Nothing .

2 Likes

If you copy/paste this formula, you will need to remove the space between these characters- &&#DD#<=359?359

1 Like