Do updated designs get pushed to all users?

I am very new to this in fact its my first post. So I created a few faces with a design that I uploaded a few days ago. Since then, I have come up with a better version of the design. My question is, should I upload the revised version separately or just overwrite the existing version?

If I just update the existing design, will the people who have already download it know it exists? Or dose Facer update it for them?

2 Likes

Welcome!

As I understand it, notifications are sent for new faces but I have never seen a notification for an updated face.

Updating or publishing a new version is really a personal choice.

I tend to update when the change only relates to bug fixes. If the face appearance or functionality is different I tend to publish a new face.

1 Like

That’s a question I had before… I think Facer should, at least make a notification for updates because it happens to me before that I make a mistake then, fixed few days later but none of the people using my face didn’t know I fixed the issue… I would love for them to implement notifications for updates…

1 Like

I feel the opposite. If there is a bug or if people are having an issue with a face, most will contact you. At that point you can tell them that you will fix it so they should resync.
If Facer were to send notifications, people might be bombarded, I update my designs frequently - especially the seasonal designs.
Editing to add:
To be clear, my changes are to the promotional images. Those are considered updates.
Unless there is a bug in the operation, Creator Partners generally don’t change major features of their approved designs because if people have purchased them, they did so because they liked them as is.

1 Like

Maybe the best of both worlds would be if Facer added an update existing users button for the creators. That way, if you update several times without them being bombarded and then when you feel like your design is finally done you have to option yourself to send out a notification of update.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome idea… We should make a request community post for that feature. I think will be awesome as you described. In fact, I have some designs that I have updated several times for something I noticed after publishing. Your idea is perfect because I would send a update notification after waiting, maybe a day or two, to be sure that the design is actually complete. I think that your idea is the best.

1 Like

Why don’t you test your designs on your watch for a while before publishing?

I think most of us do, I know I do. But when you are the only one looking at a project its easy to have a blind spot. In my case it was fine, but later on I decided to try and animate it. So it was a feature improvement. That’s the nature of creativity. That’s why I agree with others it would be better if we had the option to notify people of an update.

1 Like

What I have started doing when I find a mistake and fix it is put an update notice on the listing for the face. Next I use the comment section for that face in the Facer app to give a notice that if you are having issues to resync the watch face from the app to fix the issue. At this point in time, there isn’t much else I can do unless someone contacts me with the issue they are having.

1 Like

I’m not sure that I want more notifications. What i do think is that if you tell a user there’s a bug on your watch, he’s most likely already bored of it and will stumble across something else on the way to downloading yours. Fix bugs for future users, I say. People who have already synched it will take a lot of persuading to return to the same face.