[Draft] EyeKon - A slightly different vision in design

Hi everyone. I created a face a few years ago in a style that has fascinated me for some time. I never liked my original design for many reasons, so I revisited the concept with a new frame of mind. It must be simple, unique and easy to read. Now, I know many conventional watch lovers might find it a bit difficult to read the time at first, but after a few tries it feels very comfortable to my in-house “test subjects.” Also known as family. So, I’m looking for some new eyes to tell me if I did my job or not. I will probably publish in the next day or so, pending any technical issues.

The inner dial is the hour and the outer dial is the minutes/seconds. Inset number is today’s date and the battery level underneath that. The hour dial rotates with the minutes of the hour.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Intresting work there. Sorry but not my kind of thing. I prefere some Nice Clean Hands.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I get it, it’s a preference thing.

2 Likes

You’ve given me an idea on a sort of twist here. I really don’t care much for analog/digital blends that show the time in both analog and digital. In this instance, it would negate all the work I did to make this readable. But, now I have a new idea thanks to you!

2 Likes

I like a Hybrid as the Bus time Table is in 24 hrs.But I admire the work you guys are doing for this and the next generation. I know tge traditional style of Watch Face is going by the Board even Mechanical Watches. Very few know what goes in to getting that face to work. Good job.

2 Likes

You have given me an idea of how to make a hybrid without it being truly redundant in a direct way. Yeah, that’s a mouthful, lol.

3 Likes

Yeah. Always easier just to make something than talk about it. I have always struggeled to make manuals for things.

2 Likes

Looks cool, works well, you did a great job.

2 Likes

This looks nice. It wasn’t that hard to read, so that’s good. Have you tried a version where the hour is not moving smooth, but jumps (#DWFK# instead of #DWFKS#)? See which one reads easier.

2 Likes

I tried both. I prefer the smooth. The #DWFK# reads a little easier but it looks like it is “stuck” to the hour dial. Feels a bit odd to me. I will let you decide.

1 Like

I think the first one looks cooler, but the 2nd one is better readable, especially in the last quarter

2 Likes

Thanks. I want it to be more easily read. Nice to have extra eyes.

1 Like