DUPLICATION then PUBLICATION or DELETION ctrl

I see a few Face Makers asking about this so I thought I would chip in with a subject that is close to my Heart . I published a few things in my early days on Facer but deleted them .
Please don’t .
If you really don’t want them in the Publications folder, Duplicate them before you Delete them .
I show an example that makes me cringe a little but I keep it in my folder to remind me were I started. My Word I was so Proud of myself to making my own face for my New Watch.

DUPLICATION

But when you publish Make a DUPLICATION first.

Be aware that if you REPUBLISH that Face with a Revision Number for example the File Name will not be updated correctly in certain places on Facer . Like The Currently Wearing and the App Watchbox. It just gets confusing . I have asked Little Labs about this but no answer.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet but this is where I am now.

REPUBLISHED
WRONG NAME

4 Likes

Very good information @russellcresser and help for everyone …

I am totally with you :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
Cordially

2 Likes

Wise advise - just to be sure.

I’ve had a version name (I invent brand names), removed even though I had already published several iterations with my sub-brand name before a (well-known) fashion company made claim on the name I’d published long before them and had my publication removed instantly! Always create a copy!

2 Likes

@richard2 . Apparently we are up against the intellect of a Bot. Seems to be set to run randomly. I have been told that some of the watch company’s go through the Faces now and again. Luck of the draw I suspect. A dictionary of forbidden words would be one thing. I know of two. Ladybird, Zenith. May be we should open a thread on the subject and invite someone to curate the list : )

3 Likes

Even color khaki is on a list for auto-flag, for one unnamed watch brand calls one of its models like that.

2 Likes

Its on the list. I am Traveling today. I will stay on this one when I can : )