DWR rotating backwards?

Finally have some time to work on some stuff. Making another attempt at a lux face. Still not really thrilled…but working on face objects, and understanding tags.
Trying to work on a rotating day of week calendar.
#DWR# is supposed to be the rotation tag. But call me crazy, when I review, and put it into triple arrow speed…it is going backwards. Am I missing a variable there?

Now since we joke that I don’t turn on inspect mode…for all yee neigh sayers… a screen shot before hitting the direct link copy button.

2 Likes

Hello, I think the day names dial would need to have different days order to work with the simple #DWR# tag.
If you want to keep the prepared image, better would be to use expression like
(51.43-#DWR#)
or
(-#DOW#*51.43)

2 Likes

That is very strange indeed, even after I played around with it the same thing was happening :thinking: Maybe it’s just a bug happening at the moment and will soon be fixed, I really have no idea, it’s all working fine for me -

Edit: just saw @petruuccios reply sorry, and that definitely works just fine, well done Peter :clap:

2 Likes

I do not think it was a bug. It is right that it works well for you Gizmo :slight_smile:
You are turning the “focus”, not the days ring, so the direction is opposite.

1 Like

Try (-(#DOW#/7)*360)
Worked great for me:

Actually, damn. I was using text elements not a graphic ring there.
Though it seems to work for this one

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone. Used the (-(#DOW#/7)*360), and that worked.

Still not being able to inspect anything you guys publish is getting frustrating though. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried opening in covert windows… Nothing. I guess I pissed off the inspection police at some point. lol. I see some awesome things you guys do, and am not able to dig in and figure out how you do it.

Anyway. Is there any good documentation on the context of what you guys are putting into these formulas? The tag docs obviously don’t talk about it. I don’t understand what it’s doing, nor would I have ever known to put that in there.

2 Likes

All the Faces that have Inspection Open can be Inspected simply by opening the Face by clicking on its’ name, then selecting the little Rocket Icon Rocket-Inspection Icon

1 Like

Indeed. I leave inspection open on all my faces.

1 Like

You “almost” have to do what @icrltd4 said on a computer also. Click the name (link) for the watch face then click the little rocket ship icon to open inspection mode. It will not work from the Facer phone app and may not show the rocket ship icon on a phone or tablet. At least it doesn’t show on my tablet when checking one of my faces that I know for a fact has inspection open.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed that left clicking a community preview does not open a facer preview for me I have to middle click or right click to open in a new tab.

I use the Touchpad on my laptop, so it’s always Left Tap to Select/Open lol