Editor Help please

I had a system crash the other day and had to reinstall everything on my computer. I went back to editing the face I was working on tonight and now the preview of the face and now everything is really jerky. I had this problem back when I started creating faces and I found a fix for it to show the face smoothly and now everything is jerky again and I’ll be damned if I can remember where I found the fix. But I think it has something to with some setting in my (Microsoft Edge) browser settings. Can someone help please? Because this is really annoying. TIA

3 Likes

Never mind, I figured it out. :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

Cool . Try to share the Fix . I use Google Chrome to host Facer Creator . When that did not work for one reason or another I used Firefox for a Bit . Many use Edge . Glad you Creator working again .

1 Like

turn on the graphics acceleration in the browser setting

2 Likes

@pinbal24
I’ve been using Edge for Facer and just thought it was the creator being stupid. I didn’t even know there was a graphics accelerator option in Edge. I just turned it on, and we will see if it changes anything. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Is it working for you?

1 Like

Yes, it does seem to help. I always set the sliders before I publish a watchface so the data isn’t just the stock amounts. It is usually really jerky when doing that, but now it’s nice and smooth. That’s a good tip for sure!

2 Likes

Dose it cure the wind speed slider . :joy::rofl::+1::sweat_smile:

@russellcresser
Nope, it still reads wrong in Imperial, but fine in Metric, just like it’s been for the last 6 months or more. BUT, it does go crazy more smoothly now. :laughing::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I’m not talking about things reading right or wrong. Talking about the movement of everything.

1 Like

I will take Smooth Crazy . I will try edge next time Google let’s me Down . I have an old Tablet that works Fine . Galaxy Tab S 3 . I sometimes try Creator on it when the Laptop is Off . But it is So slow it is Painful . The main reason is the Connection speed I guess .

If you are using an updated version of Edge on Windows 11 graphics acceleration should be on by default unless something has changed it on your PC.

1 Like

@Linlay
I’m running Version 128.0.2739.79 (Official build) (64-bit) and it says it is up to date. I would assume it was up to date when I switched it on 4+ hours ago.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s the current version. It seems odd that you had to change it manually. I’ve never had to touch mine. Oh well, at least the information is here if anybody needs it.

2 Likes