Euler's formula

Anyone ever usesd Euler’s formula? I really cannot think of a reason to, but it is available as an expresion. Just curious.

Image to stir some recall :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I wonder what e is . Is it an angle . Is that not how the standard sin cos Orbit works . Sorry to be thick . Please explain to a Pupil .

1 Like

Number e is the Euler’s constant. It is base of “natural” logarithm. It starts like 2.71828… and has infinite number of decimal places like pi.

3 Likes

OK cool . So if it is a single number we can not use it as an X Y Cordinant .

1 Like

I do not really see a use for it, however, you can use the expression “exp(x)” (e to the x power) for some interesting effects.

Try the following:
Create a rectangle, with width 2, length 100, rotation: (exp(#DWE#))and see what happens :sunglasses:

@Zieneth : would be really cool to use it at startup on your latest watch face Walter - might be challenging though, you’d have to use clamp as well.

3 Likes

Ok I give up . Big number . After a couple of minutes I got a Googol .

1 Like

Yes, it runs into big number quickly, but I like start sequence. You’d have to stop it after a bit, like:

((clamp((exp(#DWE#)),0,3600))+#DWFSS#)

3 Likes

Yeah those Interp Accel things do a similar job . I struggle to get my Brain around that stuff but I am off to add that Voodoo to my Test .

mod. Would make a good repeat!
(((exp(#DWE#))%3600)

1 Like

You mean
(((exp(#DWE#))%3600))

1 Like

Well, you know what I was thinking :smile:

1 Like

I genuinely chuckled at this :smile:

2 Likes