Every face is a chance to improve yourself

So friends, got you a new face, full of stuff, made in Blender. You need to awake this face - like every face of mine - to see the full 3D - animations. All handmade. Took me some time, this one.

Let me know what you think.

Best greetings.

BC

3 Likes

That is very nice work, I can see why it took a long time. I do have just once concern with it. I would fear that the watch would time out and go black again before the animations finished and it showed the time. On my watches (Galaxy 5, 6 and 7) when I twist my wrist to see the time, I can count to 5 and it goes dark. I have my screen time out setting at 15 seconds and it only stays on that long if I activate it with a button.

2 Likes

Hi. Thank you for commenting. Interesting remarks. The length and the timing of the animations sometimes conflict with hardware limitations and settings. On my watch - Suunto 7 - it works fine. But I like to know from others. In any case, display of time and data is important, but equals to my desire to perform animations, which targets more beauty, entertainment than functionality. I lay much more emphasis on animations in such a way, than many others. Most faces show immediately everything, but I love it more when the onion is pealed and every layer reveals something of a attraction… But thank you, I love these interactions.

3 Likes

I understand, I just wanted to alert you to the way Samsung watches deal with screen on time. Especially since Samsung is such a large amount of Facer users. That could translate into a large group of people complaining that they never get to see what the time is. I’ve had it happen to me before on some that I have made.

3 Likes

I have a Galaxy 4 Classic and in Display settings I can change the screen Timeout quite a bit longer than 15 Seconds; right up to 1 Minute if I do wish, but the Display does need to be “woke up” with a button push for it to work in this way.
Screenshot_20240923_110946_settings
I needed to see my whole animation on this Face, which actually lasts quite long with 3 separate scenes all flowing together nicely (thanks again to @dazstacey for this) -

2 Likes

Wow wow. Competing with Lucas huh. Heads off. Excellent entertaining face.
The hardware differences around the world of watches, is very important to animations on any display. OLED, sharpness, timeout settings, brightness… They are evolving i suppose, so that we can enjoy and do more. The way Facer closes the gap - making it possible to improve animations fitting to hardware opportunities - is defining also i feel how good we can make animations, especially as a free face maker. I assume partners have more opportunities…

I studied this face. I noticed you use only one looping sequence, the rest are beautiful timed and influenced in behavior (position, rotation …) images. Great work. This method has surely the advantage of taking off when show casing and showing all animated images together, in the right sequence. Me, i make multi sequences but i need to awaken them and time, hide them, show them in the right order.

Interesting what you did with that fading in and out, love that.

2 Likes

Thank you my friend, all credit goes to @dazstacey though on this Face :blush:

2 Likes

@dazstacey

Thank you for making that face possible. Great stuff.

1 Like