Face acting differently on watch than in creator

hi, the above watch face i made behaves very differently once ive pushed it to my watch.
The time is dupicated but smaller and randomly off to the side and my progress bar darkening that i do using an opacity filter is just not working the way it does in the program.
In the program preview it works perfectly

seems like ive been able to fix the digital time copying itself by removing the glow effect
but thats dumb because i want the glow effect!
Still no idea why the progress bars are acting like this

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I remember reading that the glow effect does not work on all watches. Sorry it did not occur to me sooner.

As for the progress bar - another problem that some watches have is that they do not properly process progress elements if you select ā€œreverse fillā€. Have you done that in your face?

2 Likes

i have used the reverse option yes.
the feature i really need is the ability to set the progress bar to be empty at 100% and full at 0% that would solve all my problems.
Why does it change depending on the watch?
Is there a way to get someone to try out my watch face on their watch to see if it works correctly?

1 Like

to set the progress bar to reverse fill just use this (1+(-#BLN#/100)) but it will be in the wrong direction so using the reverse button will correct it to the opposite way full to empty and empty to full

2 Likes

Sorry I donā€™t recall the details of why some watches struggle when the reverse direction tick box is selected.

If you post the expressions / settings you are using for the progress bar Iā€™ll take a look and see if I can work out how to achieve the exact same effect without using the reverse tick box. Or better still, if you turn on inspection mode for the face, Iā€™ll take a look at it in Creator.

Yes probably the glow or drop shadow thatā€™s causing the weird additional time display.

1 Like

I looked at your settings for the two progress bars in Creator.

The following settings seem to work:

Phone battery progress bar:
Xpos: 160
Ypos: 160
radius: 160
inner radius: 120
fill ratio: ((100-#PBN#)/306)
reverse fill: not checked
rotation: 31

Watch battery progress bar:
Xpos: 160
Ypos: 160
radius: 160
inner radius: 120
fill ratio: ((100-#BLN#)/306)
reverse fill: not checked
rotation: (-31-(((100-#BLN#)/306)*360))

The values 31 and 306 above are as close as I can get them, you might want to experiment to get them right.

Note that the above implements the progress bars in the standard way. I had trouble understanding why you were using ā€œ-ve fill ratiosā€ and offsetting the centres of the progress bars. I assumed the offsets were to stop them overlapping each other but you can do this by using +ve fill ratios and adjusting the amount of fill to limit each one to only one side of the face.

1 Like

Yeah, as far as the progress bar goes, I found out on one of mine as well, that the ā€˜Reverse Fillā€™ option doesnā€™t actually work. Itā€™ll display right in the creator, but not on my watch (which is a Fossil Sport, btw).

Like others have said, you have to set the rotation to change along with the fill so that it appears to be ā€˜reversedā€™ when it actually isnā€™t. Itā€™s a little annoying, but isnā€™t actually too bad.

Thereā€™s also a number of things in formulas themselves that work fine in the Creator but not on the watches (or at least not mine). Any examples of that that Iā€™ve found donā€™t seem relevant to this face, though.