Face preview is incomplete when published

Most of the time when i publish one of my watch faces, the auto generated preview image is not complete. Some and sometimes most of the parts are not shown.

I’d like to be a serious face designer and would like to sell my designs, but i’ll never reach 5000 syncs if the watch faces look half done, when they show up in the list of new watch faces.

it even happen that if (in some occasions) the face is showing complete, when i update a little thing and republish it, lot’s of pieces are suddenly missing.

Is this a bug? Or is it a way to make me pay for a “pro” subscription, so i can upload my own image?

1 Like

I’ve never had such a problem. I wonder if it’s as simple as some of your layers aren’t turned on in dim mode so it appears they’re missing? I definitely have had that happen a bunch… Maybe default when you add a new image element is the layer is only “on” in active mode until you manually change the layer setting for when in dim mode. Hopefully your problem is as easy as that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does not sound like any bug I have heard of and definitely it has nothing to do with “pro subscription”. Pro subscription gives you access to interactive features and allows you to add promotional / instructional images that can seen beneath your watch in the App. That is it, no other difference, the basic functionality of Creator is the same.

So when you say the auto generated preview image is not complete, do you mean that it looks different than it does in creator before you publish?

If you turn on inspection mode on one of your faces and share a link I can take a look to see what might be going on.

1 Like

@kvansant It doesn’t have to do with the “dim” mode. i check that always.

@mikeoday here is the link to a face that has a incomplete (static) preview image (in the app and on the website). It’s just that some of the layers aren’t shown. so in this case only one gear (of 3) is shown, the balancewheel is missing and the bracket/crown that hold those all together. I’ve had this issue since my first design.

I turned on inspector mode for you. let me know when your done inspecting so i can turn it off again.

2 Likes

Sorry, I misunderstood. Can you paste a copy of the preview image? If it is working in the animated preview above then it should be showing ok in the fixed preview. ( you can go ahead and turn off inspection mode )

1 Like

@mikeoday

1 Like

Don’t worry, I can see the preview on your page - strange. I have not seen this before.

What browser / computer are you using to run Creator? I assume you are using the web based version of Creator ( not the old PC based one ).

I’m using Safari (Mac browser)

I tried the Mac app but it has the same issues

Are you able to download / try Chrome instead?

I did, and with chrome it updates fine. all layers are there
so it must be a thing with the safari browser

2 Likes

I will use Chrome from now on.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

yeah for me in the preview everything is there too.

yeah i re-published 2 faces that had this issue, and that fixed it.

Have a great evening further. Or night? Your name sounds Dutch, it’s night here now…

1 Like

Dutch name, but I’m in the US and it’s many generations removed from Netherlands. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah ok. yeah that makes sense. Well in that case, have a great evening.

1 Like

I’m glad it worked!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a common bug with an easy solution. In the editor, select the layer that isn’t showing, click Tint, then Color, then select a color. Any color, it doesn’t matter. Then, reselect #ffffff as your layer color, all the way in the upper left. This will revert your image back to its original color. Click Save, and then Update, and it should be visible.

I try to get in the habit of, before hitting that final “Publish” button, clicking “Back to Collection” (upper left icon) first. If a layer is going to be problematic, it’ll be obvious in that view, and it gives me a chance to fix it before it goes live on the site.

1 Like

@pandaKrusher Thank you! That is a good tip. I’ll do that in future.
Strange that it only happens in Safari, but that is probably a Apple specific thing.