Hey there Facer-ers!
We previously debuted our fancy new rendering engine in this post: Introducing new Facer engine for Android Wear - Planetary 2.0
We’re proud to announce we are beginning a beta test of our new engine in Google Play today! This is an experimental build, and very much a ‘beta’ product. We’d love to have you all help us improve the engine by trying the new beta and reporting any issues.
If you haven’t signed up for the beta, you can sign up here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.jeremysteckling.facerrel
There are a few known issues that our team is already working on:
- Bugs with applying themes, or with themes being an incorrect color
- After syncing a new watch, you may see the previous watch flash for a moment
- Certain letters & characters (diacritics) do not render correctly
- Certain text features such as ‘glow’ and ‘stroke’ do not render
If you see any other issues, please let us know in this thread.
If possible, please include:
- Your Phone & Watch combination
- Your version of Android and Android Wear
- A link to the watch (if applicable)
The Facer Crew