Facer Is "Battling Bots" Right Now

I just got a comment on four different watch faces, and all are from the same account with the “exact” same wording.

This is cool! If you want to find more checkout my profile for more free facer features. Enjoy!

I went to that user’s profile, and it was a spam bot account with the user description:

Great news! :heart: :heart::two_hearts::heart: I have found out the secret to get any faces you want. :heart::heart::heart: It’s easy. Find out more on the link below. Hurry while it is still working.:heart: :heart::two_hearts::heart:

Smelling something fishy, I reported all four comments to Facer. I got this in reply

Thanks for your report! We’re actively working on blocking these bots and removing their content from the platform. Thanks for your patience.

NOW we might know what is taking up so much of the Facer crew’s time.

And just to have some fun myself, I just went and replied to each one of the comments, with the same exact reply on each one.

You are a SPAM BOT, please stop commenting on my faces trying to sucker people into going offsite for Freebies.

The owner of the spam bot will probably never see it, BUT everyone who looks through the comments on those faces will see that and right below it the spam bot’s comment, so they know to avoid it.

3 Likes

Got a same to from 2 different profile,seems bot act on apple watchfaces only

3 Likes

Well done MAG. I got 2 on Apple Faces. I sent Identical generic replys but wiil do the Beware one next time. As you say. Shame.

1 Like

I saw the notification of the comment but by the time I went to look for it it had been nuked.

1 Like

I’ve had a few of them lately and actually deleted the Faces they commented on… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Why Did you Delete Them ?

Because I don’t want comments on my Faces advertising other crap.

1 Like

Oh Right good call . You can republish them Again hopefully get Bonus Syncs. I think the BOT has been taken down any way .

Last comment I had was 11 hours ago, and I’m not fussed about republishing lol

1 Like

Yeah I know when it is Done it is Done .

Mine was on Tizen & WearOS watches.

2 Likes

Instead of deleting them, just click the little flag on the far right of the comment. It will bring up an email to contact @Facer_Official and report the comment. It’s a pretty much prewritten email except it gives you a place to tell them the reason why you are reporting it.

1 Like

I know all that thanks, I just wanted the comments gone, so dealt with it abruptly myself :grin:

2 Likes

Facer staff has been working on it since yesterday. They are very aware!

3 Likes

@Linlay . Thanks for letting us Know. Will you Kindly ask them to look at the Moon Phase Gadget on Facer Creator7 Beta. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Things are getting serious!
207-Bronco-vs-Razorback-1

3 Likes

Clear the buggers out :joy:

1 Like

@russellcresser I’m sure they will get to that eventually, but right now they probably have their hands full between locking down security and responding to all the support questions that people had with new watches and new accounts over the holidays.

3 Likes

Oh my I am sure . That is why I have been talking about it Informally . Others have asked about it . We all know they are Busy . But the Noobs Embarking on their Facer Experience will be horribly confused if stuff on the IDE is not working . I don’t use the Facer Gadget . I think a Few Hundred have .

1 Like

Game over. :rofl:

1 Like