FACER no longer supports weather?

Well done @AceV and Welcome to the Community. Seem like you have unfolded one of the Mystries of Facer Weather.
Installing Open Weather on your phone is a good Idea.
I leave the GPS on my watch on. Another Battery Drain. But the data that comes from Open Weather is important to me. It seem like the watch needs to know where it is before it can ask Open Weather about the weather. SR SS and all the other stuff. I have a thing on my watch that needs to know Latitude. Well some times I have Weather stuff but the Latitude data is not updated.

1 Like

The best that I can figure, the weather information is accessed only through the phone app. Then it’s sent to the watch. Opening the Facer watch app two or three times during the day seems to remind it to keep the weather updated.

1 Like

I have turned location off from my phone and still receive weather updates on my watch. It seems like it just needed it once to establish or something.

2 Likes

When you change your region.

It is all about bleetooth and location as far as I can see. Both must be on on the watch. Both got rurned off the other day and not turned back on after hitting battery saving (10%) mode. I rarely frop below that as I have my eye fave to remond me of must have, charge but it was a weekent ant I was at the pub after an early morning charge and didn’t wake until mid morning and had been showing off faces. I think if batterery levels his bekiw optimum allconnectivity levels need to be rechecked.
Wifi got turned on and was supposed to be off.

1 Like

For me, it came down to this: I had location permission for the facer companion app on my watch turned off. Turning it on fixes the issue.