Facer reads wrong City

Hi.
Is there a way to change whatever Facer is using to read my location? It is always picking a near by cityw instead of my location which my phone and other apps have no problems getting right.
Thanks

1 Like

All you can really do is make sure you have given Facer permission to access your location on your watch and phone. Also make sure location is turned on in both.

3 Likes

Hey @shaolin95 Welcome to the Facer community . This question is asked a lot.
So Facer uses an app Called OPEN WEATHER which you can get from your App store on your Phone .
Some say it improves the accuracy of the Location .
I have the GPS on permanently on my watch .
I see MAG has Joined this conversation . Take his advice as well .

Your location as far as the weather station is concerned will never be as accurate as your LAT LNG readings. There are plenty of faces that you can get for free to test these things . Facer Studio has test Faces to check things out.
Just out of interest What Watch , Which Phone.

3 Likes

location is on on both and permissions are all granted too. I downloaded Open Weather for my phone out of curiosity but while on the phone it shows the right city, on the watch it still does the same :confused:

1 Like

Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
“Native” watch faces have no issues. Only the Facer ones.
Watchmarket also reports correctly. Sadly there are some faces that I love that are only on Facer :confused:

2 Likes

I think if you look at a few different Weather apps there is an acceptable difference between them all. They all make estimates. If you location is within about 20 miles I would say that was close.

I am sorry but I have to disagree on that. No single app on my phone or watch reports incorrectly except Facer…i dont see this as acceptable.

1 Like