Facer second hand not vertical

I can’t figure out why the Facer second hand is not vertical when seconds are 0 - the minute hand is ok at 12. Am I missing something here? I’ve tried different Facer hands but the result is the same

1 Like

The second hand when using the smooth movement #DWFSS# is always just a little bit ahead of the actual time. If you use the stepped movement #DWFS# it will stand straight up at zero seconds.

4 Likes

Put this into the seconds field to check whether the 00sec is really 00.
$#Dsm#<10?0#Dsm#:#Dsm#$

5 Likes

OK I won’t as why but using #DWFSS# is indeed a little bit ahead although mine is 0.888 as against the 0.84 of @petruuccios and using #DWFS# as indicated by @mrantisocialguy does give a second hand that stands perfectly to attention! (ok I don’t understand ‘why’) I guess I will have to accept that it is the way it is. :smile: Thanks for the clarification guys.

2 Likes

What you see in Creator is a Simulation . The Smooth hands run from the time you push go .They are not Realy synced to the real time clock .There are a few things like that . The only true test is to get it on a watch .

2 Likes

I wanted to demonstrate, that when you pull the time slider to the left, it will set the time to 0:00:00.000 and if you manage to quickly enough hit the play button twice before one whole second runs out (my 0.84 was just example), the smoothly moving second hand will turn exactly so far (0.84 times 6 degrees in my case) showing “real time”, while a jumping second hand will remain the whole second at one place.

4 Likes

I will never get bored with how great this community is - thanks again guys.

2 Likes