Facer watch preview and interactive buttons broken (ID: 118883)

Very strange. I first thought I do not have the issue.
So, I now saved a draft face again, without making any changes, and now no more buttons !!

Exiting watch faces, no problem. I do not think it is premium related (I have premium).

1 Like

I think the Problem is on Faces published after 21AUG23. I did a test with one of my faces . See Pictures above .

2 Likes

The only benefit to us now is that peeps will have to sync watch faces to their watches to enjoy the features as it is now defunct in browser! Enjoy the extra syncs!

1 Like

@jason.clarke.uk Do you notice that the Real Time 3d animations exclusive to the Partners run for a little longer than 5 seconds . I might be wrong . That might be why they all have JUMPS in them .

I’m still old school and havnt synced many watches utilising the new Shader feature. When will this feature come to the rest of the developers? It was announced so long ago, it has lost its charm with me now.

1 Like

I have one face that was duplicated two days after for a different colour version. The first works fine, second one is broken.

1 Like

I am wondering if we are saying that the animation on this is as smooth as Disney but it is the 5 second preview spoils it . If that was the case as the Maker I would make sure the Animation was completed in 5 seconds . :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :smile: :thinking:

@richandgil As I mentioned earlier in the Topic . The Problem is a Few Days Old . Previous Publications are not affected .

I think this does not concern only the premium faces.
I have first noticed it on a free one on facer facebook group.
But if you browse the newest on facer page, none has there the play button or sun symbol.
All do just preview 5 seconds after 10:10:45
Interesting is, that the apple faces made using iphone interface and showing 10:09:30 or 8:55 still have the play button (they never had interactions though).
“…some animals are more equal than other animals…”

1 Like

It appears that there was a recent software update. I think issues will be corrected soon.

3 Likes

Ah Ha . So Dear Linlay comes to bring us some Good News we hope . What I fail to understand of all the partners and invoking @ariel and @Facer_Official it is you again alone that is representing Facer on this Forum . Much as we Love your contribution and your ability to take Flack . I thought it was a Precept of Partnership to make a continued Contribution to the Community . Facers Rules not mine .
There is a Feeling that Facer is doing this to cut down on their Bandwidth Consumption . Of course a Question at that Level is for one of their Server Engineers . Jolly good job we don’t know how to Invoke them .

5 Likes

@everyone < Test Only
Hopefully like @Linlay said it’s a software update causing the issue and will be corrected soon. But if it is as I suspect that @Facer_Official is trying to cut their bandwidth usage on the website, hopefully they will allow EVERYONE the ability to upload pictures to their watch listings to show the abilities of more complex watchface designs.

3 Likes

This Topic Could be Bookmarkable . The main question is does @everyone work . Any Way " WHAT HE SAID " .

If there are bandwidth issues…then free tier users will likely be limited to x number of watch faces next! They might then introduce different developer tiers with storage (number of faces) quotas. Nothing is free!

1 Like

Let us see . Facer seem to have no Desire to limit the number of Faces someone can Publish a Day . Well not Publicly any way . Please don’t start me off . One of my Bete Noire . I wonder if the Quality of publications would Rise Inversely to the number of Publications allowed . Any way let us stick to the Topic of Heels . Oh sorry I meant Broken Previews .

1 Like

More news:

• gifs are also not working in preview mode on PC. Just static picture.

Don’t know what’s going on.

Facer never gives any information about changes. I resent that.

How hard is to write a short notice and publish it here. We changed this-that, we updated this-that. Few words would be enough.

3 Likes

After reading a comment further up, mentioning Facer Partners/Officials, I just thought I’d throw this out there:
There are quite a few Partners/Officials, and it does appear that some new people were honoured with that position not that long ago. Where are they? I never see any help, comments, or contributions from any of them :thinking: It is ALWAYS the same, very small handful of non Partner/Officials that can be seen helping/contributing here in the FACER Community (with a couple of exceptions of course).
This is THE Facer Community, but it seems to be slowly fading away…:pensive:
Edit: I used to love this Community :no_mouth:

8 Likes

Hopefully it’s just the summer causing everyone to be gone outside doing summer things. But it does really seem like the FCP have totally abandoned the community with just those few exceptions that are still here.

4 Likes

Hello. I would like to see the process documentation about a very important one, software updates. Especially how the communication with stakeholders -as I hope we included - runs. Cannot remember that I received some information about updates or searching on keywords as software update resulted in mainly posts from people wondering about software updates and a lot of questions and guessing. Thank you.

2 Likes

You need to be part of beta to see change log.
Screenshot_20230827_073638_Chrome

But info is sparse and not consistent. They have announcements sections in community which have not seen any updates!

Problem is i hate the beta popup message which appears every page reload so end up leaving the beta…its annoying. Only 1 popup message is required! (They may have fixed this!)

4 Likes