Fade in effect for a second in an 1 h interval?

Hi @ll, tried my best but i can´t create a formula that smoothly fades in an object for some seconds at the beginning of a new hour. The object should last after the fade in for this hour and vanish at the new hour.

Anyone an idea?

Help is much appreciated.

Greetings, GAUSS.

1 Like

So you want the object/layer to fade in over 1 second at the top of the hour and then disappear end of the hour.

At a specific hour? say 1 o’clock?
Recurring? i.e. should it happen every 12/24 h for a specific hour?
or every second hour?

If you clarify your requirement, I will put my thinking cap on… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should it start fading in before the hour starts? or at the start of the hour? should it fade out before the hour ends? or at the start of the new hour?

2 Likes

Or should it just disappear at the end of the hour (not fade out)?

I have something working using 3 layers (could probably do it with less, but might be a hastle):
Assuming you want to fade in at 8 and fade out at 9:

1. Fades in at 8 (around 3.5 seconds), use opacity:
    $#Dh#_#Dm#=8_0?(round(#Dsm#*30)):0$
  2. Stays visible from 8:01 till 9:00, use opacity:
    $#Dh#=8&&#Dm#>0?100:0$
  3. Fades out at 9 (around 3.5 seconds), use opacity:
    $#Dh#_#Dm#=9_0?(100 - round(#Dsm#*30)):0$

The “*30” is the fade speed, higher is faster

Okay, i will clarify it a little bit more. The best would be if item should fade in every 3rd hour, at the beginning of the hour and the fade transition should be smoth in about 2 or 3 seconds. After fading in the item should be fully visible for one hour. Best would be if i could do it with one layer but i could create multiple layers. A Fade out a few seconds before the new hour would be nice but it‘s not imminent.

you can use what i made with the modulus operator instead of “8”

1 Like

Here is the watch face for the formula, especially for the fade in and out of the light at the number wheel:

2 Likes
  1. $(#Dh# % 3)=0&&#Dm#=0?(round(#Dsm# * 30)):0$
  2. $(#Dh# % 3)=0&&#Dm#>0&&#Dm#<59?100:0$
  3. $(#Dh# % 3)=0&&#Dm#=59?((60 * 30) - round(#Dsm# * 30)):0$

The =0 in the modulus compare is for 3, 6, 9, 12. If you use =1, it works for 1, 4, 7, 10 and =2 works for 2, 5, 8, 11

Again, you could probably get something working with 2 layers, or maybe even 1, but it would take some thinking time

2 Likes

@ThaMattie beat me to it, but that was my thinking as well.

It might be possible to do it with less than 3 layers, but I doubt if it is worth trying because you will almost certainly need complicated conditional statements and then you run into compatibility issues with some WearOS watches like Fossil. (Doubt if Facer will fix those bugs soon).

Thanks a lot, guys. I will tryout tomorrow. It‘s very late here and i have to go go bed.

1 Like

Just tested the formulae - working absolutely perfect. Thanks a lot for your help

1 Like

looking good

2 Likes

Thank you!!