Fantastic news: Heart Rate Works on Watch 4/5!

It made my day:

Live heartrate / puls finally works on Samsung watch 4 and 5!!
Facer update just rolled out.

I’ve been waiting for it for more than a year.

Thank you Facer, I’m a happy camper again!

2 Likes

icegif-1295

2 Likes

mrantisocialguy can you please check if it works on watch 5?

You have to update Facer both on phone and watch.

2 Likes

There is always some improvement . What refresh rate do you think you are getting . I have always had Heart Rate but not live .
BTW if any one wants this as resources I have glows to go with it but EZgif does not render glows .

ezgif.com-gif-maker (8)

The refresh rate is LIVE. It matches Samsung health to the beat, no delay.

2 Likes

Yes, I can confirm also, after update, it works on my Ticwatch 3 Pro Ultra.

3 Likes

Great news. If you ask me: it’s a basic function of a smartwach, I bought the damn thing because of the health features, it should have worked from the beginning.

I guess something went wrong with google-samsung marriage and they are fixing things as we go.

2 Likes

No @masterboyhr . The Heart Rate is relatively new . No one was surprised it was not live . Weather next . But also may be SPo2 on watches that have the sensor . I love my new watch with Compass . The Galaxy Active did not have a Magnetometer . What kind of Active were we talking about . Thanks so much for the heads up . I was thinking of Tying something to heart rate . Really worth it now . BTW I am talking about Getting a Live count on a GW4 Classic .

2 Likes

Hmmm, I can agree that it’s relatively new but it’s not brand new.

We had live heartrate on watch 3, it worked on every watchface, Facer included.
Then came watch 4 and I was very surprised and disappointed that it didn’t work.
I mean, I always expect that the new watch will work better, not worse.

What changed: watch 3 was powered by Tizen OS and watch4/5 run on the new Wear OS built by Samsung and Google. I guess it will take some time for them to make everything right.

2 Likes

I knocked this up quickly . I am not that good at the maths but it is quite near as far as I can test . Perhaps someone can tidy up the maths . I find it quite close to my pulse . Also the reading is a little erratic but we can do something with the maths To smooth that out I am sure .

2 Likes

russellcresser you nailed it again!

While I was celebrating the fact that #ZHR# is working, you already took it further.
.png in the rhythm of the heartbeat!
Bravo! Brilliant!

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap

2 Likes

Yeah . Listen the Maths is Shit . I just pasted something that was fading something with #DWE# so it would never sync . I know we need a different strategy to get it accurate but it is all very exciting . I don’t know if you saw my Bear Poking , BWM Foxer . but I planned in my sleep to have the pistons tied to ZHR .

3 Likes

I have to disagree, I love the idea and the effect. You are always so modest!
Now that we have ZHR tag working I’m sure we’ll think of many ways to use it.

2 Likes

@masterboyhr Check the Formulas in that Test again . It is scientific now . I am well pleased . Pasting something you did a year ago , shows how much we develop .
I am getting a reasonable sync to my pulse on the opposite wrist . It is not as accurate as my little Pulse Oximeter but it is well good now.

3 Likes

i confirm that now also ticwatch pro 2020 has real time HR working just with #ZHR# :+1:

2 Likes

Oh Cool. Thanks for Confirming that. Did Ticwatch get the Wear OS 3 update ?

1 Like

version 2.38

1 Like

Hi it’s not syncing with my ticwatch pro 3?
It looks great :+1:

1 Like

Hi what does the #ZHR# tag do??

1 Like

Hey @carl.quinn43 Welcome . Sorry the Face I posted here is a Test and not published . I am going to jump in front of @masterboyhr and tell you that
#ZHR# is the Heart Rate Data in Beats Per Minute . If you are on creator Paste it into a Text box and see . Inspect that Face I posted .
Here is a link to something on the subject that I have Published which is also Inspectable . Welcome to the School of Copy and Paste.

Shout if you want the Heart resources .

2 Likes