[FEEDBACK REQUEST] If Facer could launch/improve anything in 2021, what would it be?

Today i just want one little thing:

1 - Get the watch freezing issue fixed on my Samsung Active 2

I really miss using the app, but i had to stop using since the freezing started.

i noticed another bug after the last update, the exercices countdown keeping closing
suddenly when i was using the watchfaces from facer

4 Likes

The battery indicator doesn’t work on my fossil Gen5 - so fixing that would be top priority for me and help me move over from WatchMaker.
Can we currently edit purchased watches? If not, that’d be #1 for me.

2 Likes

@108roy how do you mean battery indicator not working? Maybe it’s coded wrong on a particular face? It’s a staple of every face I make and it definitely works on my Gen5 Fossil.

1 Like

Thanks @kvansant - it was showing as empty even when full… but now working fine. I guess it just needed a reboot or something

2 Likes

I am confused, what do you mean about collections? Can you expand more

1 Like

And it’s stopped working again! Just shows an empty battery when the battery is in fact at about 75% full.
I’m using the facer creator, it’s a watch I made myself with the basic hands, a photo, date and battery indicator, nothing fancy!

1 Like

… And now working again! No obvious pattern…

1 Like

Face Creator and Site with dark themes option.

2 Likes

Here’s what collections look like in the online Facer application

Here’s an open collection showing some of the watch faces I’ve created

Here’s what collections look like in the watchbox of the Facer app of my Android phone

Note the Red checked heart in the upper right corner of each collection.
Now here’s what an open collection showing watch faces I created looks like in the Facer app watchbox on my phone.

Once again note the Red checked heart in the upper right corner of the collection.
If that heart is clicked it will turn gray. The next time the Facer app is opened that collection will no longer be available on the phone. The collection is still available online, but there is no way to get it back on the phone

1 Like

Having read through a lot of the replies I think most things have been covered, for me as mentioned the visual glitches with Stroke on Fossil devices are a pet peeve, better GIF/Animation handling would be great too.
For example a GIF optimiser, options to cut every other frame to reduce size and adjust the timings of each frame easily.

3 Likes

Just as a person that’s starting out but has had more than enough Photoshop use - I’m all for the text kerning as well as the layer grouping improvement suggestions.

The kerning would help workflow and probably avoid some headaches.
The layer grouping would be such a workflow boost it isn’t funny!

2 Likes
  1. Grouping elements for sure.
  2. Renaming of sticker layers.
  3. Being able to select more than one item at a time.
  4. Alignment tool. Selecting two or more objects and aligning them or evenly distributing them.
  5. Gradients as well as solid colours.
  6. More customization of the Progress element, like colours, and it would nice to adjust the thickness of the circular progress bar.
  7. Having different colours for objects on ACTIVE and DIM. For example, you can choose the colour of the weather icon, but it will be the same colour on ACTIVE as DIM, it would nice if you could chose different colours.
3 Likes
  • Typography letter-spacing
  • Option to set a different text / shape / illustrations for each hour
  • alignment for different objects / or just screen center
  • import from sketch :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Hi @ozarour!

Can you send us an email at facer-support@little-labs.com with more info on the notification issue? We’d love to investigate this with you. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi
Another idea… can you add the capability to know if the default theme color has been changed or to read the choosen theme color in some way.
I mean something like:
#ZISTHEME#=true / false
or
#ZISTHEME#=color index number

1 Like

Just emailed you the issue discussed

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for all the hard work and great environment we already have!

One nice addition would be to be able to use custom .png files for the font numbers on the watch. Being able to define the numbers for the entire watch, i.e. upload an image of the number 0 thru 9 into something like the sequencer and the watch face would use these for the numbers instead of the font.

1 Like

@cdownie1967, I do that all the time, just need to assign an expression for the number in the hour/minute you want to the png number.

4 Likes

could you please add GPS altitude capabilities, I would really like altitude readings to work with out having to buy a new watch

1 Like

Also the compass seems a bit jittery, could you fix that

1 Like