[FEEDBACK REQUEST] If Facer could launch/improve anything in 2021, what would it be?

Hi @bradtc,

That is correct! However this enhancement would not only reduce coding and work, it would also open up opportunities for animated fonts.

Enjoy!

1 Like

In the Creator:

1. Grouping layers (numerous request)
  2. Advanced Text features (see #6 from @GAUSS)
  3. Bring back “stRand” function
    a. Also, add in another expression for the sequence that modulates the frequency it updates
    b. Ex (wakeRand(min, max, XXX)) when XXX equals the next random number updates in milliseconds.
    c. Ex. (wakeRand(1, 10, 500)) would give you a new number from 1-10 twice a second

In the phone app:

1. have a more advanced and user-friendly color selector

On the watch:

1. have a more advanced and user-friendly color selector
  2. fix the wake issue (see #1 from @mikeoday)

On the site:

1. a better search algorithm. more options to filter by
5 Likes

In my opinion, I would like to see the tags more involved in searching for watchfaces. I think just promoting them more and having them more present would be nice c:

I would also like to curved text, less laggy sequences would be nice, ability to view followers, syncer details and fave details on my faces. Also, if possible, maybe allow gifs as backgrounds of the watchface??

2 Likes
  1. Community votes for featured watch faces

2. GPS location variables to show distances and altitude

3. RSS feeds

1 Like

Maybe fix the Altimeter? i have this feature on my 2 watch faces i made but for some odd reason it doesnt display the same readings that the watch gives, the barometer readings are aligned but not the alititude readings. As of right now, i have the altimeter readings hidden on my 2 watch faces as i dont want people going “Your watch face altimeter doesnt give correct readings”

1 Like

Make all the pro features “Free” for private use, or available for a small one time fee. I have no desire to sell my watch faces so it makes no sense to pay monthly for a few extra features. But I love fiddling with them for my own use.

4 Likes

Tag identifying the language used in the watch.

1 Like

One more thing I would add is the ability to import multiple images at one time. Often we are creating image elements in another program and want to upload them all at one time.

1 Like

There are some great posts for suggestions relating to functional changes, notably those by Guass and ThaMatti however there is also the Creator Stats / insights page, could we have the ability to change the period for which the stats are shown, by default and as far as I can see this is set to 30 Days. it would also be great to be able to sort the faces in order of most recent syncs.

Thanks Guys

1 Like

Everything the others have described so far (let me be insatiable) plus monitoring more incoming messages is not just the last 3 … I don’t want to miss any :wink:

1 Like

Some of the things I would like to see other’s have also said they’d like to see. These are:

1.) Ability to group objects
2.) Ability to easily mask an object such as text. This way we can add our own texture or gradient to the text easily creating diverse designs.
3.) Built in gradient tool so you can choose colors based on a theme (this goes with the next item) and set opacity for each color gradient.
4.) Ability to have color themes we set ourselves. Maybe up to 12 color themes with the ability to set 5 or 6 colors in each theme. These would all be set by user.
5.) Have Days of the Week, Months ect preset to tags so we can then make days of the week and even months that can be automatically converted to users language.
6.) Have weather same for #5. With weather icons the ability to create weather icon sets that we can save and just select the set we want to use and it pops in.
7.) Ability to copy and paste elements.
8.) Ability to have preset complications for animation of objects by expression. So for example if I want an image to scroll across the screen (move from side to side ect.), I can go in and choose that preset. If I want something just to rotate 360 degrees I can select that. Makes it more user friendly for those of us who are just learning expressions to add some simple animations to our designs.

2 Likes

Good suggestions! Wonder why these options are not already there!!

1 Like

Fix the watch readings. I have found that the readings on the watch faces dont correspond with those that my watch (Galaxy Watch) is giving:
like the altimeter reading is different on the face then what the watch is giving
barometer is slightly off from what the watch is giving
Moon phases are late

Other then that, i dont have any other issues so far.

1 Like

I’appreciate if Garmin watches could be integrated, but possibly it depends on Garmin itself, or?

2 Likes

please provide facer companion app for samsung galaxy watch 3 samsung has banned or removed download page for my country provide alternative link or something from where it can be downloaded

1 Like

So three things

• ensure the standard for display is 24h clock and dd/mm - this is the global standard and it’s so frustrating to dl or trial a watch face and then find out it’s not compatible with 24h. You should have a compatibility checker that works immediately while designing.

• enable the ability to permanently switch on “dark mode” from the app - sometimes we want to keep it on regardless of the face.

-can you make it clear how much money is going towards the creator?

1 Like

On a very, very simple level, please add a Cultural and a Heritage category for when we submit a watch design. Some of my designs just don’t fit in the current list of options.

Ngā mihi
Kuia

2 Likes

That would be nice now that Garmin has the Venu. But Garmin watches use their own code Monkey C so it may be hard to incorporate into Facer. That may be the issue.

2 Likes

I personally would like to see more options for Apple watch like we have for the Samsung watches.

2 Likes

Photoshop style blending modes would be top of my list.

2 Likes