File upload not responding

I’ve been using the creator with no issues for a while, but all of a sudden I can not get any files to appear when choosing an image or custom tick marks for example. I’ve shut down the computer and restarted chrome a few times but nothing. Any ideas?

1 Like

@thomasfmal At this moment in Time I am having to Clear my Chrome Browsing Data regularly to keep things working properly. Obviously Logging back in after. I am going to have a look at a clear out on shutdown later. Just a Temporary Problem I hope.
I am going to have a look at using MS Edge again but I can not get the Apple Device selection option on that. I think we have to accept some drawbacks while Creator7 is still being Debugged. In my Opinion it came out of Beta too early.
Stick with it.
Enjoy.

From the look of your screenshot, that’s a problem on your computer, nothing to do with Facer sorry. Try doing a system clean-up, that might help, and regularly test for bugs, malware, or viruses.

1 Like

Just as a “heads up” I have been using MS Edge on Facer for the last year and have no problems with it. The only problem I have with it is if I’m doing a lot of faces, I may have to restart it during the day because it becomes sluggish. I think it suffers from the Chrome memory leak that all Chromium based browsers have.

1 Like

Yeah . A leak would cause stuff to Disappear . Good call . Will test the shut down clear out for a couple of days . Just a bit of a pain Logging in all the time .

So which do you think is better . Edge or Chrome?

Well I use Chrome only for Facebook and it’s memory leak makes me have to restart it sometimes because it gets weird. Every tab you open on the Chrome browser stays in memory and keeps it’s little amount of reserved memory, even if you close the tab. It will just build up and get sluggish. Edge doesn’t seem to do that, at least not as noticeably. I keep two tabs open on Edge, one for the community and the other for the creator.

1 Like

Ok Cool . Thanks for that I was thinking of going back to the Edge but I did not get some Apple Stuff on it . I need to work on that . I have to log in to Slack again that is a pain . Might even give it a miss for a bit .

I use chrome, and have had some recent issues as well, that I haven’t had previously. Deleting history, and restarting chrome works, but it’s kind of annoying.
Side note, I’ve noticed specific problems with built in variables. One that really has been problematic #DISDAYTIME#

1 Like

@Zieneth Yeah #DISDAYTIME# can cause problems on some watches . I will post the grunt version here . It is just a bit of maths based on SR SS as you can imagine but if some one else has done it . Hey Ho .

I have actually. I use it more so.

$((((#WSUNSETH24#)*60)+#WSUNSETM#)-(((#DH#*60)+#Dm#)))<=((((#WSUNSETH24#)-(#WSUNRISEH24#))*60)+(abs((#WSUNSETM#)-(#WSUNRISEM#))))&&((((#WSUNSETH24#)*60)+#WSUNSETM#)-(((#DH#*60)+#Dm#)))>0?100:0$

It’s kind of clunky, but it works very well.

2 Likes

I got

$(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)<(((#WSH#)*60)+#WSm#)&&(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)>(((#WRH#)*60)+#WRm#)?0:55$

Same job.

1 Like

Edge has given me no problems.

2 Likes

@Linlay Thanks so much . One of the of the other Partners persuaded me to go to the Edge but I lost my Apple Option there . I am going to go back and have a look . Clearing the Browsing data on my Chrome has caused some problems with Logins .

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I went to MS edge. It is working there no problem.

2 Likes

Let me set the record straight. I use Edge for my Mr. Antisocial Guy faces. I use the Dissenter web browser which is derived from Brave for my Herr Asozial Kerl faces. And I use Opera for my personal faces. I use Edge the most and the others just keep me from having to log out and back in to other user names every time I need to check on one of the other accounts. They all seem to work equally well for me, but I spend the most time in Edge.

1 Like

Thanks @mrantisocialguy @Linlay @icrltd4 @Zieneth I think I know what to do now . @thomasfmal Glad you have things running again .

Thanks everyone…I just use whatever’s available :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

For me it seems that there are certain times of the day when the creator grinds to a halt. Often between 01 and 03 AM GMT. I usually give up then and go to bed.

2 Likes

Have you guys thought of Firefox
I’ve been using it pretty exclusively for years

Granted I’m no programmer that can delve into tidbits like ya’ll

2 Likes

Firefox is my daily driver browser so I keep Facer in Chrome to keep the cookies separate and just facer tabs open. The issues I have been seeing are related to communication with the facer servers under load, I am sure.
I also have a laptop next to the PC monitor with keyboard and mouse connected via InputDirector over LAN. That one has FireFox and Tor Browser as main web interaction behind Cyberghost VPN.
I have a 3rd, mini PC under the telly running a Plex server. Waiting for it to qualify for Win 11 though not ready for that on the main PC yet though that does have a VM running Win11 for evaluation purposes.

2 Likes